Big 12 players departing/arriving

McCullar returning to KU. Ugh. Not good news. Even though according to some on this board, he pretty much sucks.

It's bad news. McCullar is good. He ain't scoring 20 points per game, though.

My predictions for us against KU have moved from 0-2 to 0-2.

we will be awaiting his 20ppg

I LOVE how he blows things way out of proportion trying to make a point about KU....No one has said that he sucks in any way shape or form but no one else (besides him and Bill) feels that he is going to blow the league up scoring next year....The guy is a solid college basketball player and might average 12-13 ppg next year on what will most likely be a good/really good KU team but like everyone else in this era of college basketball, we have to wait and see what the final team on paper looks like around September....

we will be awaiting his 20ppg

Nah we will be awaiting your posts hyping up OU's depth after a couple guys go for 15+ in an exhibition game or closed scrimmage. And again, I never predicted 20 ppg, nor did Self. But I will be surprised if he isn't at least a 15 ppg scorer.

I LOVE how he blows things way out of proportion trying to make a point about KU....No one has said that he sucks in any way shape or form but no one else (besides him and Bill) feels that he is going to blow the league up scoring next year....The guy is a solid college basketball player and might average 12-13 ppg next year on what will most likely be a good/really good KU team but like everyone else in this era of college basketball, we have to wait and see what the final team on paper looks like around September....

Again, feel free to find a post where I predicted a specific scoring average for him. But I would be thrilled if you back your talk and want to wager on whether he averages more than 13 ppg.

Keep falling back on your vague "we will have to see what they look like" posts. We actually don't with them -- in their worst years, they are the second best team in the league, and far more often, they win the league and are a one-seed in March.

Again, feel free to find a post where I predicted a specific scoring average for him. But I would be thrilled if you back your talk and want to wager on whether he averages more than 13 ppg.

Keep falling back on your vague "we will have to see what they look like" posts. We actually don't with them -- in their worst years, they are the second best team in the league, and far more often, they win the league and are a one-seed in March.

The post I keep referring to is about how you noted Bill Self claimed he could have a "similar" jump to Jalen Wilson. Wilson went from 11.1 to 20.1. McCullar would have to go from 10.7 to 20.7 or around that for it to be "similar". In my opinion, a guy that has averaged 10 a game the last 3 years just isn't going to do that. If you disagree then fine but I'm guessing it'll be closer to 13 ppg than 20.

The post I keep referring to is about how you noted Bill Self claimed he could have a "similar" jump to Jalen Wilson. Wilson went from 11.1 to 20.1. McCullar would have to go from 10.7 to 20.7 or around that for it to be "similar". In my opinion, a guy that has averaged 10 a game the last 3 years just isn't going to do that. If you disagree then fine but I'm guessing it'll be closer to 13 ppg than 20.

Again, I would be happy to bet that he will exceed 13 ppg. But Self certainly isn't just talking about stats. He is talking about overall impact and the fact that McCullar could be an All America type player. Again, this was said before they signed Dickinson, who is almost sure to put up huge numbers. But without Wilson and Dick, there will still be more opportunities for him than there were last season.

Again, I would be happy to bet that he will exceed 13 ppg. But Self certainly isn't just talking about stats. He is talking about overall impact and the fact that McCullar could be an All America type player. Again, this was said before they signed Dickinson, who is almost sure to put up huge numbers. But without Wilson and Dick, there will still be more opportunities for him than there were last season.

You think 10.7 to 13 points is a Jalen Wilson type jump?

LOL

It's bad news. McCullar is good. He ain't scoring 20 points per game, though.

My predictions for us against KU have moved from 0-2 to 0-2.

agreed he is an uber athletic wing that is a very very good defender and streaky shooter ..

agreed he is an uber athletic wing that is a very very good defender and streaky shooter ..

I'm a big fan of his game. I liked Hill, and I've said multiple times that Hill is a poor-man's McCullar.

But let's be real. He's been great player in the Big XII for 3 years now. If his offensive game matched his defensive game, he would not have pulled out of the draft. He is definitely capable of better offensive numbers, but if you jumbled up his numbers from the last three years, you would not be able to pick out which year is which. Almost identical.

I'm a big fan of his game. I liked Hill, and I've said multiple times that Hill is a poor-man's McCullar.

But let's be real. He's been great player in the Big XII for 3 years now. If his offensive game matched his defensive game, he would not have pulled out of the draft. He is definitely capable of better offensive numbers, but if you jumbled up his numbers from the last three years, you would not be able to pick out which year is which. Almost identical.

i think Hill is a better player as a 4 ..

Mccullar is a better player ..

Back