Big 12 Tournament Day 5 #1 Houston vs #7 ISU in the final

So you would rather be OU and down 20ish midway through the second half and then score some window dressing baskets at the end than be in KU’s position where they had multiple wide open shots in the air that would have tied or given them the lead with about 10 minutes left?
Yes I’d rather lose by 7 than 20

Does it really matter?

If you are being honest, replace KU with OU and you would consider it an ass whooping. But it wasn’t OU so it was close down the stretch lol. So predictable

BYU v TECH (BYU -3.5 o/u 153.5)
TCU v UH (UH -10.5 o/u 137.5)
KSU v ISU (ISU -7.5 o/u 132.5)
Cin v BU (BU -6.5 o/u 140.5)
This is a weird remaining eight.

No KU.
Three new Big 12 schools (BYU, UH, Cincy).
Four non-UT Texas schools (UH, TCU, Tech, Baylor)
Two original Big 6/7/8/12 schools (KSU, ISU).
OU and Texas are out the door, following original members Nebraska, Mizzou, A&M, and Colorado.

Crazy times in college athletics.

Last edited:
Tech is putting it to BYU. I really thought about betting Tech and am kicking myself. Seemed odd that BYU was such a big favorite -- they are good and can shoot the lights out, but teams like that can also go cold. Seemed like more of a pick 'em to me.

Tech is putting it to BYU. I really thought about betting Tech and am kicking myself. Seemed odd that BYU was such a big favorite -- they are good and can shoot the lights out, but teams like that can also go cold. Seemed like more of a pick 'em to me.

Tech winning helps ou imo as the loss at home would stay q1.

Live and die by the 3.

Today, so far, BYU is dying. 3-17 while Tech is shooting 7-11.

It's early but TCU is getting taken to the...

Build a Modular Modern Woodshed - Fine Homebuilding

....so far.

UH holding TCU to 30 fewer points than OU did.

IN THE FIRST HALF!

Best defensive basketball game I ever saw was the job OU did to KU in the Big 12 Tournament in 2002.

Holding THAT KU team to 55 points was just stupid good.

If Cincy beats Baylor tonight, are they in? Will be curious how conference tournaments in these larger conferences will allow some bid stealers and impact the tournament field.

If Cincy beats Baylor tonight, are they in? Will be curious how conference tournaments in these larger conferences will allow some bid stealers and impact the tournament field.
No. Cincy started way too far outside of the field. If they do somehow beat Baylor, then they would probably move into the "next four out". Again, conference tournament games/wins aren't as important as we might think.

Best defensive basketball game I ever saw was the job OU did to KU in the Big 12 Tournament in 2002.

Holding THAT KU team to 55 points was just stupid good.
I felt like going down memory lane. Quick reminder of who was on that KU roster:

Drew Gooden
Nick Collison
Kirk Hinrich
Jeff Boschee
Keith Langford
Aaron Miles
Wayne Simien

The Maryland team we beat in Norman that year, and should have played for a NC, wasn't far behind:

Juan Dixon
Lonny Baxter
Chris Wilcox
Byron Mouton
Steve Blake

I felt like going down memory lane. Quick reminder of who was on that KU roster:

Drew Gooden
Nick Collison
Kirk Hinrich
Jeff Boschee
Keith Langford
Aaron Miles
Wayne Simien

The Maryland team we beat in Norman that year, and should have played for a NC, wasn't far behind:

Juan Dixon
Lonny Baxter
Chris Wilcox
Byron Mouton
Steve Blake
Sports Illustrated was doing a profile on KU when we played in Allen that season. I was at that game and we were down by 22 but cut it to 6 and Selvy missed an open 3 from in front of our bench. Anyway, the article said that after the game, some of the KU players were discussing whether OU was dirty or just very tough. The very fact they were thinking that way made me so fired up to play them again, and then we just choked the life out of them in KC. Held them to 19 in the first half! Collison was one of the guys who thought OU just played extremely hard, but Gooden whined that we were dirty. Solidified my dislike of that guy.

Sports Illustrated was doing a profile on KU when we played in Allen that season. I was at that game and we were down by 22 but cut it to 6 and Selvy missed an open 3 from in front of our bench. Anyway, the article said that after the game, some of the KU players were discussing whether OU was dirty or just very tough. The very fact they were thinking that way made me so fired up to play them again, and then we just choked the life out of them in KC. Held them to 19 in the first half! Collison was one of the guys who thought OU just played extremely hard, but Gooden whined that we were dirty. Solidified my dislike of that guy.
Collison wasn't a very physical guy. We absolutely banged him around good.

Thanks for sharing!

Back