Portal thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry was in South America. Quote it. I’ll respond.
After we beat OSU at home to improve to 6-5, you asked me whether I would acknowledge that the team had exceeded my expectations and that we were having a successful season. I said that to that point, I would definitely agree that they had outperformed what I was anticipating, but I also pointed out that our schedule was about to get much tougher and that it would be extremely difficult to finish above .500 and that I wanted to withhold judgment till the season was over.

So, now that we again missed the tournament despite having a much more talented roster, and even though all we needed to do was win one game against a tourney team in the final five or six weeks of the season … would you acknowledge that we blew a golden opportunity? And would you admit that when we started playing conference games, our pace/DCO stuff was basically nonexistent? And that the two key returning players took a step back? I guess I wonder whether you can admit that Moser didn’t do a good job with this team.

After we beat OSU at home to improve to 6-5, you asked me whether I would acknowledge that the team had exceeded my expectations and that we were having a successful season. I said that to that point, I would definitely agree that they had outperformed what I was anticipating, but I also pointed out that our schedule was about to get much tougher and that it would be extremely difficult to finish above .500 and that I wanted to withhold judgment till the season was over.

So, now that we again missed the tournament despite having a much more talented roster, and even though all we needed to do was win one game against a tourney team in the final five or six weeks of the season … would you acknowledge that we blew a golden opportunity? And would you admit that when we started playing conference games, our pace/DCO stuff was basically nonexistent? And that the two key returning players took a step back? I guess I wonder whether you can admit that Moser didn’t do a good job with this team.
I can admit we failed late. Yes absolutely. Do I think injuries had some to do with it. Yes. But end of day. We should’ve made the tournament. (Especially over virgina)

If we don’t next year. It’s fire him.

We left it too close to call and got upset Saturday’d out of the tournament.

Coaches will always take the blame.

I can admit we failed late. Yes absolutely. Do I think injuries had some to do with it. Yes. But end of day. We should’ve made the tournament. (Especially over virgina)

I would say coaches SAY they take the blame… unless you’re talking fans thoughts… but internally I’m pretty sure moser isn’t blaming himself for this season’s fails. Just my two cents.

This goes for 95% of coaches… including BV. Not picking on moser

I would say coaches SAY they take the blame… unless you’re talking fans thoughts… but internally I’m pretty sure moser isn’t blaming himself for this season’s fails. Just my two cents.

This goes for 95% of coaches… including BV. Not picking on moser

I don’t disagree. Jimmy’s and joes over x&o’s

Comes down to dudes putting the ball in the hole.

Fair take, and I appreciate the response.

A lot goes into building a winning team/culture... recruiting, scheduling,, PR....I honestly think PM was dealt a bad hand year 1 but a lot of the issues fall at the feet of PM. I think he misjudged what it would take in the Big 12 a little.

Year 2 was simply a disaster. All on him.

Year 3 I feel like we got robbed a little by the committee and I definitely felt like we took definite steps in many areas, including talent/athleticism. I think it's TRENDING the right direction but not where it needs to be. If we take the next step forward and make the tournament next year then I'm ok. If PM got fired tomorrow I'd be fine too

I'm interested to see coach/player defections this year. I feel like SOMEof it last year was processing, some was NIL and some was due to kids being able to portal (I think if kids could portal so easy 10 years ago Lon and others would have had a lot of the same issues) either way PM needs to do a better job. Losing assistants to head coaching jobs or to the Dukes and UNCs of the world I have no issues with...defections to lesser programs, unless it's a promotion, then it's a problem.

I'm patient but I'm starting to run out too.

I don’t disagree. Jimmy’s and joes over x&o’s

Comes down to dudes putting the ball in the hole.
But if Moser is going to recruit kids that need development from a skills-perspective, he a) better have identified that they have the ability to be developed, and b) actually develop them.

Some will disagree but for me personally, I've seen very little development that I wouldn't expect (or attribute to) guys simply being more experienced. Example, you take a freshman, give him no real coaching at all, but let him practice and play in games, 12 months later a certain level of development is going to have incurred naturally. I just haven't see much outside of that.

I also haven't seen Moser build a plan for a season around the talent he has. If you recruited THIS team, you are responsible for finding a way to win games with that roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back