Jadon Jones (SR)6'5; 185; WLong Beach, CA / Long Beach St
Brycen Goodine (SR)6'4; 180; GNew Bedford, MA / Syracuse/ Providence/ Fairfield
Duke Miles (SR) **6'3; 182; GMontgomery, AL /Troy/ High Point

Portal OutgoingDestination
Otega Oweh6'5; 215; WSomerset, N.J.Kentucky
John Hugley IV6'9; 275; CCleveland, OH / PittsburghXavier
Milos Uzan6'4; 193; GLas Vegas, NVHouston
Javian McCollum6'2; 160; GFort Meyers, FL / SienaGeorgia Tech
Kaden Cooper6'5; 190 WAtlanta, Georgia (Ada)

The following can not return
Le'Tre Darthard
Rivaldo Soares
Maks Klanjscek

2 available scholarship

** Could possibly get a medical RS for 22-23 season

NOTE: 2020-2021 did not count for eligibility for any player thus I am listing players based on what their eligibility actually is. OU is listing players as if 20-21 counted toward eligibility.

Last edited:
updated for Los ..

these are the 3 expected departures .. if we want / need to sign a 5th player look at yaya

this is sad...i realize it'll change in the next few weeks, but it's exhausting having to completely reload every single season.

holy crap, I don't see 5 legitimate strong "starters" out of the ones returning...

Again, just my measly opinion but when ya have 3 starters for the whole year...1 for 2 years bail out (2 being soph) that says a lot about the staff.

but of course I'm just a "moser hater" so it mean nothing...LOL

so, as of today (4/19) no transfers have committed. I've heard about Garrison and Pedulla but it seems like they haven't made anything official. Looking at what we do have returning is very scary, outside of Moore and Godwin none of these guys have even played :(

I have little hope and that is being optimistic. Fan support was about as good as it could be last season. It will take a BIG drop next season. Can’t be much NIL money laying around (softball likely has much more). Roster is depleted. I’m not high on the coaching staff turning pyrite into gold after last season.

No one should be anxious to take the head coaching job here when it becomes available. Best hope is to keep finding good up-and-comers who want the job as a stepping stone.

Is there another sport at OU in this bad of shape? Maybe soccer? I don’t know, don’t follow it.

I have little hope and that is being optimistic. Fan support was about as good as it could be last season. It will take a BIG drop next season. Can’t be much NIL money laying around (softball likely has much more). Roster is depleted. I’m not high on the coaching staff turning pyrite into gold after last season.

No one should be anxious to take the head coaching job here when it becomes available. Best hope is to keep finding good up-and-comers who want the job as a stepping stone.

Is there another sport at OU in this bad of shape? Maybe soccer? I don’t know, don’t follow it.
This is one thing I see people mention and I very much disagree. There are a lot of good mid major coaches who have been very successful, and who have likely done it with tiny NIL budgets. Those guys are in conferences where their only chance to make the tourney is to win their conference tournament. I can promise you that most of them would be thrilled to come coach in the SEC, at a brand name school that has produced two national POYs in the past 15 years, and where they will be on national TV on a regular basis. There won't be a lack of good candidates -- the trick is always finding the right guy. And that isn't as easy as it seems -- not every guy who has success at lower levels will be able to do it in one of the best leagues in America. But there won't be a shortage of guys who would be thrilled to get a call from Joe C if/when the time comes.

This is one thing I see people mention and I very much disagree. There are a lot of good mid major coaches who have been very successful, and who have likely done it with tiny NIL budgets. Those guys are in conferences where their only chance to make the tourney is to win their conference tournament. I can promise you that most of them would be thrilled to come coach in the SEC, at a brand name school that has produced two national POYs in the past 15 years, and where they will be on national TV on a regular basis. There won't be a lack of good candidates -- the trick is always finding the right guy. And that isn't as easy as it seems -- not every guy who has success at lower levels will be able to do it in one of the best leagues in America. But there won't be a shortage of guys who would be thrilled to get a call from Joe C if/when the time comes.
I agree with part of this but sounds like a lot of what you are saying is the same thing - guys who want to use OU as a stepping stone. I think there are some but there are also those who would rather wait for a better chance. I have coaches in my family who have told me a lot of guys see OU basketball as poison. The word on the street for many is little support from the athletic department and no interest from students and fans. Some fear coming for the risk of hurting their reputation because they are unable to get the players they need.

Back