Sherfield 6'2 228
Bamisile 6'4 194
Godwin 6'10 226
Keita 6'9 240
Schroeder 6'7 198
Oweh 6'5 210
Uzan 6'4 183
Northweather 6'11 232

Sherfield is HUGE at 6'2". He and CJ are the same size...

If Hill has retained his athleticism but added 14 pounds, he'll have a shot at double-digit rebounds per game.

Got to be muscle for Tanner and Jacob. They have a few months left, I believe they can add some more muscle.

Good to see both Groves brothers put on some LBs, albeit not much. Sherfield must be a tank at 6-2 228. Bennie lost alot of weight since the interview provided earlier. Oweh great size for a wing. Bamisile good size. Our bigs are all tall. Northweather has hit the 6-11 mark as Porter predicted plus the 232 is good. Intrigued by Keita. Good size, hope he's a banger.

Have any of the practices been open? Wish somebody could report on them.

Good to see both Groves brothers put on some LBs, albeit not much. Sherfield must be a tank at 6-2 228. Bennie lost alot of weight since the interview provided earlier. Oweh great size for a wing. Bamisile good size. Our bigs are all tall. Northweather has hit the 6-11 mark as Porter predicted plus the 232 is good. Intrigued by Keita. Good size, hope he's a banger.

Have any of the practices been open? Wish somebody could report on them.

I text one of the asst and not open yet.

Does anyone know, will Bamisile have immediate eligibility next season? Will anyone have to redshirt on account of transferring? This team could ever be pretty dang good, or as bad or worse than last season's team :(

Well, my personal expectations:

Taking out the Final 8/4 runs with Hield and Griffin and OU has been pretty much middle of the pack conference wise and not a Top 25 team.

2022. 19-16 (7-11)
2021. 16-11 (9-8)
2020. 19-12 (9-9)
2019. 20-14 (7-11)
2018. 18-14 (8-10)
2017. 11-20 (5-13)
2016. 29-8 (12-6)
2015. 24-11 (12-6)
2014. 23-10 (12-6)
2013. 20-12 (11-7)
2012. 15-16 (5-13)

The last 11 seasons under Kruger/Moser 214-144. The average year has been roughly 20-13. And that includes some really good years with Buddy's group. I'd say we will likely have a year similar to last season, with so many new players again.

Does anyone know, will Bamisile have immediate eligibility next season? Will anyone have to redshirt on account of transferring? This team could ever be pretty dang good, or as bad or worse than last season's team :(

He’ll be eligible.

I have a hard time seeing how we could be worse. The returning players should at least marginally improve, and the freshman and transfers are significantly more talented as a group than the guys we lose from last season. Would have been nice if Mo had decided to stay, but the athleticism and offensive talent in the gym right now is far better than it was four months ago.

I agree. The talent, length, and athleticism coming in is far superior to what we lost. And if Rothstein is right and Oweh is good enough to start already? Wow. Yeah color me excited.. Not saying there might not be some early growing pains while they gel but if they keep improving throughout the year, could be interesting..

I agree. The talent, length, and athleticism coming in is far superior to what we lost. And if Rothstein is right and Oweh is good enough to start already? Wow. Yeah color me excited.. Not saying there might not be some early growing pains while they gel but if they keep improving throughout the year, could be interesting..

the europe trip and those games will help the team come together a bunch

How many games are they playing out there? Is there any kind of schedule/itinerary released?

I think we'll improve significantly on offense. The question for me is on the other end of the floor. With no shot blockers in the paint, we'll need good on ball defense to keep guys out of the lane. Harkless, Goldmine, and Gibson did that last year. All I've seen from stats and writeups on the new guards has focused on offense, but that's often the case, so hopefully they bring good defensive ability and intensity too. If so, we should be a better team overall.

I think we'll improve significantly on offense. The question for me is on the other end of the floor. With no shot blockers in the paint, we'll need good on ball defense to keep guys out of the lane. Harkless, Goldmine, and Gibson did that last year. All I've seen from stats and writeups on the new guards has focused on offense, but that's often the case, so hopefully they bring good defensive ability and intensity too. If so, we should be a better team overall.

I think the unknown part of our offensive and defensive efficiency last year had to do with turnovers. Ken Pom had us ranked 40th in offense and 38th in defense.

Turnovers hurt your offensive efficiency significantly, and we were one of the worst in the country at it. When we didn't turn the ball over, we were solid offensively. We could have shot the 3 better, but we were top 25 in overall FG% (and way up there in 2pt %), but we were bottom 30 in turnovers. Clean that up, and I expect a big jump offensively.

The untold story, though, is the impact of turnovers on defense. They lead to easy buckets in transition, sure, but they also speed the game up (which is not Moser's MO) and put you in scramble mode defensively even when you do get back. They cause fouls, which puts your best players on the bench at key periods...

Clean up the turnovers, and we'll see a big jump.

I'm not sure about Sherfield yet, but Joe B is a very good perimeter defender and has better length and athleticism than any of our 3 guards from last year. I would argue that CJ Noland and Oweh both have the ability to defend at a high level on the perimeter.

I think the unknown part of our offensive and defensive efficiency last year had to do with turnovers. Ken Pom had us ranked 40th in offense and 38th in defense.

Turnovers hurt your offensive efficiency significantly, and we were one of the worst in the country at it. When we didn't turn the ball over, we were solid offensively. We could have shot the 3 better, but we were top 25 in overall FG% (and way up there in 2pt %), but we were bottom 30 in turnovers. Clean that up, and I expect a big jump offensively.

The untold story, though, is the impact of turnovers on defense. They lead to easy buckets in transition, sure, but they also speed the game up (which is not Moser's MO) and put you in scramble mode defensively even when you do get back. They cause fouls, which puts your best players on the bench at key periods...

Clean up the turnovers, and we'll see a big jump.

I'm not sure about Sherfield yet, but Joe B is a very good perimeter defender and has better length and athleticism than any of our 3 guards from last year. I would argue that CJ Noland and Oweh both have the ability to defend at a high level on the perimeter.

He’s not a very good defender, but I think that has to do with his usage on offense & who he was playing for. I think he can be a decent defender under Moser.

I’m really interested to see him under Moser with his yank them out after mistakes habit.. He’s a bit of a gunner that lacks a little on defense, but he can score the ball & is a great passer.

But I’m optimistic that it’ll be good, mostly because Moser is a much bigger improvement over Alford.

Last edited:
Thanks pnkranger! That's great to hear about Bamisile's defense.
It is amazing to think a team could be top 40 offensive efficiency and outside the top 300 on turnovers in the same season!

Just saw on Twitter that Moser said he is still looking for players who could use the final scholarship. He said if they find someone who can help the team, they will use the ship.

He also said that Joe B will play on the trip, even though they haven’t yet received a ruling on his waiver.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/Rosslovelace/status/1552394105052958725[/TWEET]

Back