2024-2025 Roster

With the addition of Glenn Taylor, we now have 9 seniors, 1 junior, 1 sophomore and 4 freshmen. If this team succeeds, it will have to be completely rebuilt next year. If it doesn't, it will still have to be completely rebuilt next year. I'd like to think that, with 9 seniors, you can find a way to win, but I'm not so sure. This team seems very .500 to me at best. I hope I'm wrong and that they can squeeze 18-20 wins out, but no matter what, the most returning players for next year will be 6. I find it very difficult to see how this team can be competitive on a yearly basis without some semblance of roster building.
To clarify, do you mean .500 for a season total or conference total?

I don't bet. That's silly.
Nothing wrong with a message board wager. Loser has to cite the other person is the "(so and so) Is the smartest message board member/genius" in their signature line for a year.

With the addition of Glenn Taylor, we now have 9 seniors, 1 junior, 1 sophomore and 4 freshmen. If this team succeeds, it will have to be completely rebuilt next year. If it doesn't, it will still have to be completely rebuilt next year. I'd like to think that, with 9 seniors, you can find a way to win, but I'm not so sure. This team seems very .500 to me at best. I hope I'm wrong and that they can squeeze 18-20 wins out, but no matter what, the most returning players for next year will be 6. I find it very difficult to see how this team can be competitive on a yearly basis without some semblance of roster building.

I think moser would agree that he would like more retention. A lot of the problem is attributable to the free transfer/NIL era, but Moser (and the rest of the program) could certainly improve there.

Somewhat surprisingly the least competitive team Moser has had in his 3 seasons had the most year over year retention. The other 2 seasons we had significant turnover yet OU was very competitive.

At the end of the day, it comes down to who you replace the guys you lose with. We absolutely upgraded in talent when guys like bijan cortes and cj noland left. We lost a lot this offseason but the only guy we didn’t replace with someone comparable (or potentially better) was hugley. If we still had uzan, we would not have gotten Fears and probably only 1 of miles/elvis. If we still had oweh, we probably dont get 1 or 2 of jones/nwankwo/taylor.

basketball scholarship limit is likely to go up to at least 15 which will also be the Roster limit .. which will be the end (in most cases) of the old school traditional (read as not good enough to ever play) walk-ons

(this does not talk about basketball

Last edited:
basketball scholarship limit is likely to go up to at least 15 which will also be the Roster limit .. which will be the end (in most cases) of the old school traditional (read as not good enough to ever play) walk-ons

(this does not talk about basketball

Boo and dumb

Going to try to attend practice(s) over the next few weeks when the pick back up. Will come back with some notes.
No need to go to practice. Media tells us this team has no athletes, no shooters, no guys that can dribble, terrible defense, no post players and no depth especially compared to last year... ;)

Back