Jordan Hamilton?
Ray Penn?
Tiny Gallon?

TMG
Burk
Bradley
Henry

those are locks.

The last guy is a bit more of a mystery. Maybe AJ Walton. It doesn't have to be a big guy in my opinion.

TMG certainly.

He is a player (foundation) that Coach Capel can build on. TMG can be special if he gets surrounded by some other good, solid players.

The kid can be a stud!

TMG (freshman of the year)
Brown or Bradley
Burks (great numbers absolutely deserves first team and consideration for Freshman of the year)
Xavier Henry (on reputation and because he is at KU rather than pure numbers)
Tiny Gallon (he is the best freshman big in the conference)

TMG
Burk
Bradley
Henry

those are locks.

The last guy is a bit more of a mystery. Maybe AJ Walton. It doesn't have to be a big guy in my opinion.

In my opinion it should be. I don't like the notion that an All Big XII team does not need to be a team. The five guys should be able to lace them up and beat any other five freshman combined. If they have no bigs, I don't think they can do that.

It should be the five best players. If Tiny Gallon, Cory Jefferson, or Wally Judge aint playin worth a damn, why reward them with the selection. Hardinger at Nebraska might be worth a mention, but you get the five best players. AJ Walton or Michael Dixon shouldn't be punished because their season isn't as spectacular as Burk,TMG, or Henry. The big12 usually acknowledge these inconsistencies by sometimes making a sixth spot for the first team.

TMG (Oklahoma)
Xavier (Kansas)
Burks (Colorado)
Bradley (Texas)
Diaz (Nebraska)

Mike Dixon, AJ Walton, Rodney Mcgruder, Jordan Hamilton, Ray Penn, Khris Middleton, Christian Standhardinger, and a few others are promising young freshman as well.

I think you will see all of these guys be terrific players for the Big 12 in the coming years...

What kind of year has Robinson had? As for Henry, he's fallen off a cliff since big 12 play started.

Robinson has barely played. Henry has had 2 nice games in a row.

Funny how that thing works out where Robinson doesn't get the minutes as a Freshman, kinda like Cole Aldrich. Does it mean Robinson sucks. Hell no. He's just a Freshman with a learning curve.

Funny how that thing works out where Robinson doesn't get the minutes as a Freshman, kinda like Cole Aldrich. Does it mean Robinson sucks. Hell no. He's just a Freshman with a learning curve.

Yep, Robinson is like a bull in a china shop. He plays at a million miles an hour and can hardly go 30 seconds without fouling. I think he will end up being a fantastic player but right now it's good that KU doesn't need him to produce anything.

Yep, Robinson is like a bull in a china shop. He plays at a million miles an hour and can hardly go 30 seconds without fouling. I think he will end up being a fantastic player but right now it's good that KU doesn't need him to produce anything.

That's how we should be developing Fitz. We're forced to put him in bad situations playing against more mobile forwards.

That's how we should be developing Fitz. We're forced to put him in bad situations playing against more mobile forwards.

Yeah, what's odd is how opposite they are. If you put them together you'd have a dominant player! LOL.

It should be the five best players. If Tiny Gallon, Cory Jefferson, or Wally Judge aint playin worth a damn, why reward them with the selection. Hardinger at Nebraska might be worth a mention, but you get the five best players. AJ Walton or Michael Dixon shouldn't be punished because their season isn't as spectacular as Burk,TMG, or Henry. The big12 usually acknowledge these inconsistencies by sometimes making a sixth spot for the first team.

I like Dixon a lot, but he's not among the five best freshmen. Maybe if he were in a situation like Burks where he had no choice but to play and play a lot, things would be different, but he's far too inconsistent to be considered for this IMO. He's only scored in double figures twice in Big 12 play and has just 6 assists in 10 games.

I think he'll challenge for All Big 12 consideration in the future... but not now.

Back