All signs pointing to Harrison Barnes to Duke?

Yeah, we're screwed.
Maybe we could get Julio Jones to lend him some of the OU gear he has...

Am I not seeing the photos? All I see is him on his Duke visit? Is my computer not working?

You don't see the wads full of money stuffed under the zipped up Duke windbreaker? It's clear as day on my computer.

Yeah, we're screwed.
Maybe we could get Julio Jones to lend him some of the OU gear he has...

Julio gave his gear to Darius White, the top ranked WR OU is recruiting right now. I heard White was at the Baylor game and had OU apperal on, but I'm not considering him to be a Sooner, til he signs his letter of intent. Even with his high school teammate/cousin Rashod Favors already committing to OU, still, no one knows what these kids are thinking.

I think the photos are what they are. He is wearing the gear, which should depress us a little bit but hardly means the end of the world. Regardless of what he wears on visits, I think the main reason everyone has had Barnes leaning to Duke is because of his personality. He just really seems like a well put together young man and most people kind of assume that Coach K and Duke will appeal the most to a kid like that. I'm probably guilty of it too, but the bottom line is the kid will go where he thinks will help him the most for his future. He isn't gonna go somewhere because he wants to be the BMOC or because of a midnight madness or because of a windbreaker stuffed with cash (joking there Cheno). He is going to make a smart decision based on whatever factors are most important to him.

Personally, I think Duke will always be tough for OU to beat for a kid mainly because I feel like Coach K and Capel are so similar in their ideology. I hope Barnes chooses OU, but whoever he chooses I honestly do hope he succeeds. I really hate following recruiting sometimes because it can be so slimy in so many different ways, but the reason its worthwhile is that you learn about kids like Harrison Barnes. I'm so impressed with him and I look forward to following his career in college. Hopefully thats at OU, but even if its Kansas I'm gonna want the kid to do well.

Well said Elmo. I feel exactly the same way. He's a first class kid.

ah yes, the ever conclusive apparel clues.

has never failed. :ez-laugh:

Same here, OU will always be number 1, but I just love coach K and a lot of the players that have come through that program.

How can you be an OU fan and like Duke. In December of 1990 Duke ended OU's home court win streak at 55 (I think). OU's team had been crushed by guys not making grades and Duke ultimately won it all that year. OU played them to 5 points minus Jackie Jones, Smokey McCovery and Damon Patterson (Patterson joined the team for the second semester).

Two or three years late OU went to Cameron and Vitale was going on and on about how great Duke was, OU needed to start the bus, etc. This was an average at best OU team and OU took them to OT in Cameron.

Three or four years ago a slightly down OU team played Duke in NYC and gave them all Duke wanted but Duke won.

There is not a team I dislike more than Duke in college basketball. I can't take it that OU has been so close only to lose to Duke three times and all three times Duke clearly had the better team (on paper not necessarily that night - In other words Duke won but was not clearly the better team, just a few points better).

Pretty much same boat, couldn't stand JJ Reddick either.

Capel and Sheldon Williams to some extent are the only Dukies I like.

If Capel were still a Dukie I wouldn't like him. I simply choose to look the other way regarding his past transgression because I recognize I have not been perfect (although I have committed no sin as great as going to Duke:D ) .

How can you be an OU fan and like Duke. In December of 1990 Duke ended OU's home court win streak at 55 (I think). OU's team had been crushed by guys not making grades and Duke ultimately won it all that year. OU played them to 5 points minus Jackie Jones, Smokey McCovery and Damon Patterson (Patterson joined the team for the second semester).

Two or three years late OU went to Cameron and Vitale was going on and on about how great Duke was, OU needed to start the bus, etc. This was an average at best OU team and OU took them to OT in Cameron.

Three or four years ago a slightly down OU team played Duke in NYC and gave them all Duke wanted but Duke won.

There is not a team I dislike more than Duke in college basketball. I can't take it that OU has been so close only to lose to Duke three times and all three times Duke clearly had the better team (on paper not necessarily that night - In other words Duke won but was not clearly the better team, just a few points better).

I will give you a reason. Because our coach played there....

It may not change your mind, but hey, it's a reason to at least kinda, sorta like Duke. :capelspin

Oh, that's nothing. Many on this board have promulgated their love for KU.

That is sick and wrong. I did not mind KU all that much in the early years of Sampson when OU was an average team and KU had some really good teams. Roy was always good for a nice crying session in March.

Let's face it, if he goes to Dook, ****shefski will develop his talents much the way he did for Shav Randolph, Sheldon Williams, Laettner, Cherokee Parks, Chris Burgess, Brand, Battier.......well, you get the point. Mikey does a great job with AA talent...most of the time.:D

Most of the guys going to Dook these days just want to be able to say they gave UNC a good game.

I will give you a reason. Because our coach played there....

It may not change your mind, but hey, it's a reason to at least kinda, sorta like Duke. :capelspin

I don't care where an OU coach went to school. I am not a fan of Iowa, KSU or Florida because Stoops attended Iowa and coached at KSU and Florida.

PS - you did not actually think I did not know where Capel went to college did you? I think most people on this board not only know he played at Duke they also probably know he hit that big shot against North Carolina, used to coach at VCU, had a brother play at North Carolina and has a dad that is coach.

Last edited:
It seems Denver is one of the few level-headed Sooner fans posting here this morning (except for me, of course).:)

Funny story about that 1990 Duke visit to Oklahoma.

After the game, several on the Duke team somehow ended up at Russel's in Oklahoma City, including Bobby Hurley.

Well, Bobby and a friend of mine got into it and my friend is the one that popped him in the eye and gave him the shiner that he was wearing the rest of the season from the "car wrecK". FWIW, several other Duke players jumped in and gave my friend a little bit of a whipping [I was not there, but back then I would have at least hit one of the Dookies].

Funnier still, this same friend was dumb enough to get in a fight with the Nature Boy Ric Flair at the same club...that was a beat down. Ha Ha.

This just in....Denver hates Duke because they were good in the '90s.

Back