Alumni Weekend Set for August 24 and 25

SoonerTraveler

Reaction score
Alumni Weekend Set for August 24 and 25 (Friday and Saturday)

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211767827

The weekend also features the Tip In Club Golf Tournament, held at the Jimmie Austin OU Golf Club on Friday. To register a team ($250 per individual), or to be a sponsor, call the OU men's basketball office at (405) 325-4732.

Some of the many Sooners scheduled to participate in this year's festivities include: Ernie Abercrombie, Alvan Adams, Mike Anderson, Chucky Barnett, Shawn Clark, Isaiah Cousins, Cade Davis, Ebi Ere, Ted Evans, Taj Gray, Blake Griffin, Taylor Griffin, Garfield Heard, Skeeter Henry, Tim Heskett, Buddy Hield, Joe Holladay, Darryl “Choo” Kennedy, Joe King, David Little, Tim McAlister, Mike McCurdy, Tom McCurdy, Michael Neal, Tyler Neal, Bo Overton, Ryan Spangler, Billy Tubbs, Tommy Tubbs and Ray Whitley.

Additional alumni are attempting to attend and an updated list will be kept on SoonerSports.com.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, Aug. 24
8 a.m. – Tip In Club Golf Tournament (morning session)
12:45 p.m. – Tip In Club Golf Tournament (afternoon session)
6:30 p.m. - Reception at Lloyd Noble Center
7 p.m. - Tip In Club Dinner honoring the Griffin family

Saturday, Aug. 25
11 a.m. – Griffin Family Performance Center dedication
Noon – Legends Alumni Game (LNC east doors open at 11 a.m.)
Postgame – Autographs from current and former Sooners and team poster photo shoot with fans

For more information, contact the OU men's basketball office at (405) 325-4732.

Yes, Trae Young will be there.

Yep. The list of attendees has been updated.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211767827

Some of the many Sooners scheduled to participate in this year's festivities include: Ernie Abercrombie, Alvan Adams, Mike Anderson, Chucky Barnett, Shawn Clark, Isaiah Cousins, Cade Davis, Ebi Ere, Ted Evans, Taj Gray, Blake Griffin, Taylor Griffin, Garfield Heard, Skeeter Henry, Tim Heskett, Buddy Hield, Joe Holladay, Darryl “Choo” Kennedy, Joe King, David Little, Tim McAlister, Mike McCurdy, Tom McCurdy, Michael Neal, Tyler Neal, Bo Overton, Ryan Spangler, Billy Tubbs, Tommy Tubbs, Ray Whitley and Trae Young.

Additional alumni are attempting to attend and an updated list will be kept on SoonerSports.com.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Friday, Aug. 24
8 a.m. – Tip In Club Golf Tournament (morning session)
12:45 p.m. – Tip In Club Golf Tournament (afternoon session)
6:30 p.m. - Reception at Lloyd Noble Center
7 p.m. - Tip In Club Dinner honoring the Griffin family

Saturday, Aug. 25
11 a.m. – Griffin Family Performance Center dedication
Noon – Legends Alumni Game (LNC east doors open at 11 a.m.)
Postgame – Autographs from current and former Sooners and team poster photo shoot with fans

For more information, contact the OU men's basketball office at (405) 325-4732.

My guess is Trae will be a good alumni. He is a good kid.

The banquet is now having to use the OU services instead of Sooner Legends. It will cost significantly more basically we won't make any money on the weekend. Another strong support by the athletic administration.

My wish is this was a bigger production.

Can recruits be on campus when this goes down?

Social media like football needs to step up. We are Jordan Brand now. We need to promote that.

My wish is this was a bigger production.

Can recruits be on campus when this goes down?

Social media like football needs to step up. We are Jordan Brand now. We need to promote that.

Yes. There are plenty of recruits coming (as it is privileged Rivals paywall info, I will not include names). It is more a 2020 and 2021 event.

Yes. There are plenty of recruits coming (as it is privileged Rivals paywall info, I will not include names). It is more a 2020 and 2021 event.

I just think it could be huge like the BBQ. I know its not a football board and I care far more about OUHOOPS

Just think it could be huge.

The banquet is now having to use the OU services instead of Sooner Legends. It will cost significantly more basically we won't make any money on the weekend. Another strong support by the athletic administration.

Dang. That is disappointing. A dictate from Joe C?

I was under the impression that this annual event was a significant fund raiser for the Tip In Club. Hopefully, the golf turnout will be a good source of funding.

My guess is Trae will be a good alumni. He is a good kid.

didn't doug donate part or all of the food in the past as a gift in kind ? ?

this seems like a terrbile idea

Big recruiting weekend for #Sooners. This weekend will be a big one as well with 2019 PG commit De’Vion Harmon coming in as well as 2020 prospects Bryce Thompson, Hayden Hefner, Micah Peavy and Tramon Mark as well as 2021 Trey Alexander expected to visit

Ok guy tweeted this out.

Mainly 2019 the following weekend

Dang. That is disappointing. A dictate from Joe C?

I was under the impression that this annual event was a significant fund raiser for the Tip In Club. Hopefully, the golf turnout will be a good source of funding.

Yes it is from Joe C. They did make money it won't be much now. Yes Doug gives them great prices and frequently free for things. It is also much better quality.

Toby Rowland said:
I asked Blake Griffin tonight who wins 1-on-1 if he played Buddy Hield & Trae Young. Blake said they played this afternoon. Buddy won 2, Blake won 1, Trae was shut out. “It’s a rookie thing,” Blake said.

https://twitter.com/TRowOU/status/1033182454855680001

I'd have liked to see that. I imagine Buddy shot a ton of threes and Blake backed Trae down every possession.

It was a fun day. It makes me really miss the days of Taj Gray. He still is a beast down low

Yes it is from Joe C. They did make money it won't be much now. Yes Doug gives them great prices and frequently free for things. It is also much better quality.

thanks for the info i am sorry i missed it this year

Taj was easily the best player on the court, 2nd best was Cade Davis, big drop off from those two.

Yep. Although Chris Black (or something like that, I do not remember him at OU) was all over the court too.

Back