An interesting way to look at the potential next coach

Considering OU isn't an elite job, shouldn't they take a chance on a coach? No need to get a 50 year old coach that will get them to 20-12 and finish 4th in the conference. I'd rather swing for the fence with this hire even if it doesnt work out.

Considering OU isn't an elite job, shouldn't they take a chance on a coach? No need to get a 50 year old coach that will get them to 20-12 and finish 4th in the conference. I'd rather swing for the fence with this hire even if it doesnt work out.

That is kind of how I feel, within reason. I just think the ceiling for some of these guys (McCasland mostly, but even Moser) is pretty low.

That is kind of how I feel, within reason. I just think the ceiling for some of these guys (McCasland mostly, but even Moser) is pretty low.
I agree.

But I am going with the assumption that we don't have the resources or commitment (mostly financial) to get the guys that would take us to a higher ceiling we all want.

I.E., $3.5-$4.5MM a year, top pay for assistants, financial commitment for facilities upgrades (whatever that might mean), outstanding recruiting budget, improved marketing of the program.

That is what it takes to hire a top coach. Without that, our best bet may be a guy like Moser, McLasland, Enfield, Tang, Kellen, Mills, etc. Some/most of those guys could be a good hire, but will not pass Baylor or Kansas, or maybe not consistently pass WVa or Texass, in the conference.

Back