Andrew Fitzgerald

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
That's the guy we need to get behind. Never has he pouted about the hand that's been dealt, never has he been a selfish guy on the bench to my knowledge. He seems to be working hard and he seems to stay positive. He may not be able to shatter a backboard, but he'll take a charge.

Yep. It's time to quit fooling around with Ryan and O. I think you start playing Tiny and Fitz in the game at the same time. As a matter of fact just start them both. This is a very critical time for this team right now. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I agree that he should be playing more, but I see him as a low-upside guy. Mostly due to his size, he just isn't going to matchup well night in and night out. Especially when we pair him with another big man that would prefer to play as a SF.

I like Fitz, but again, he should be the 4th best big on a good roster, not the 2nd.

You say that, but right now we need someone who can score the basketball and rebound. Fitz has shown that he can do that. I think it's time for him to learn by fire. In other words put him in with the big dogs and let's see what happens. The thing Fitz brings is effort. We need that so much right now. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Yep. It's time to quit fooling around with Ryan and O. I think you start playing Tiny and Fitz in the game at the same time. As a matter of fact just start them both. This is a very critical time for this team right now. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I'm not really a Tiny fan right now. maybe down the line.

I agree, DM. Tiny is not playing well. Who knows how hard he is practicing, but he is not giving good effort on defense (no one is except Davis and Willis) and someone who is playing hard should play.

I agree that he should be playing more, but I see him as a low-upside guy. Mostly due to his size, he just isn't going to matchup well night in and night out. Especially when we pair him with another big man that would prefer to play as a SF.

I like Fitz, but again, he should be the 4th best big on a good roster, not the 2nd.

Wow really?? 4th best big? okay. That must be why Pitt, Louisville, Kentucky, Tennessee, Cal and a whole host of others offered him?? He's a top 70 player and a Dejuan Blair type player. Uses his body extremely well, rebounds great, and can hit a mid range.

Wow really?? 4th best big? okay. That must be why Pitt, Louisville, Kentucky, Tennessee, Cal and a whole host of others offered him?? He's a top 70 player and a Dejuan Blair type player. Uses his body extremely well, rebounds great, and can hit a mid range.

I agree with you. His wingspan and body size make up for his height imo[height is over-rated].

He was one of the very few bright spots last night and I think he earned the right to start. Ray Willis really surprised me as well.

Fitz is the 2nd best big we have on the team and he proved it last night. Tiny plays in spurts. He played probably his best basketball in the 2nd half of the UTEP game. I still like the lineup of Fitz, Tiny, TMG, Willis, and Crocker for starting the next game. Bring WW off the bench and see if it helps him any with either slowing the game for him or taking some pressure off.

Nice post, DM.

Drew has maintained a team-first attitude all season. When he is in the game, he hustles and actually presents an offensive threat in the post. The thing that is holding him back right now is his foot-speed.

Its not Tiny Getting 3's busted in his face every game!!!!!!!!!

I agree w/ Faithful, play him!!!! He has earned the chance to play more, and God knows we need any/every spark that we get right now. Like DM said, the guy has kept a positive attitude, and right now that may be 95% of the problem w/ our other guys.....

Tiny just played one of his best games against UTEP, especially in the 2nd half, and now he isn't playing very good? Some of you are very fickle! The guy practices his butt off too, busted his butt to get in better shape. He is learning to play with his new body, believe it or not its not as easy as you think to lose all that weight. It changes the style you have to play.

I am with you guys. I say let Fitz play early and often for the rest of the year.

Back