Anyone else worried about TMG?

seniorsooner

Reaction score
This kid is going to collapse from exhaustion at some point. I'm very concerned about him hitting the wall with as many minutes as he's had to play.

The guy took a beating from Texas. It will be interesting to see if he can keep it up...but this guy is an extraordinary player. Something tells me he may be not only an all-time sooner when he's finished but an all-time NCAA PG.

This kid is going to collapse from exhaustion at some point. I'm very concerned about him hitting the wall with as many minutes as he's had to play.

It showed against Nebraska and he even admitted as much during the media day. I also worry about Cade.

The good news is that they will have several days to rest up after tomorrow's game.

I was thinking the same thing...hes gotta have help...

I am not so sure how many more games willie can miss....he has not had a great year per his standards and it has hurt his draft stock...If he cannot manage to come back for colorado that may not be good news for him unless he just goes crazy the last 6 games

Why worry about him? He is a machine. He feels no pain, he feels no fatigue. He only feels domination.

I think he was a little worn out during the NU game but I guess scoring 38 points the game before does that to you. He's young, though, he'll be fine.

Why worry about him? He is a machine. He feels no pain, he feels no fatigue. He only feels domination.

I think there may be some truth to that statement. TMG is like the Energizer Bunny. He just keeps going and going and... But, every athlete has his limits. My biggest concern is that Tommy will eventually fatigue to the point that he puts himself at risk for an injury, not that he will run out of steam (although as BT said he was definitely close at Nebraska) in a game.

I worry about Cade, too. He plays so hard and throws his body around, he will be beat to a pulp before the season is over.

I think it started to catch up to both of them at the end of the game on Saturday. Shots were coming up short toward the end of the game.

He's an 18 year old man who is in peak physical condition. He's built for this. He plays so many minutes because he wants to and because he can. It isnt like ole pledger or ww, or cade couldnt take the point 5 mins per game. He just wants to play and leaves it all out on the court. Love that mentality. It isnt a stretch to say that this is turning into his team (if it hasnt already). It was willie's for the taking, but he didnt step up. Tommy did.

I think it started to catch up to both of them at the end of the game on Saturday. Shots were coming up short toward the end of the game.

+1. TMG came up short on a ft late in the game and you could tell he was really gassed.

Can TMG just start playing with an IV attached? Or maybe one of those helmets with straws full of gatorade?

Why would he collapse from exhaustion? Tons of guys have played for OU logging 38 minutes a game. Blake was on the court for almost all of the game . Mookie Blaylock almost never sat in his two years at OU. Hollis was always on the court. He will be fine. I bet he wants to play all game. I bet they all do.

Not really. He is young enough that a few extra minutes a game, twice a week, shouldn't affect him game to game. If Capel is worried about it, he can give him a break in practice or something.

Back