Apparently Josh Smith's looking pretty hard at OU.

HoHum

Reaction score
The HoopScoop account I'm using happened to have a pretty interesting tidbit in favor of you guys.

I don't know the rules on pasting premium info, so I won't. But anywho, says Josh Smith (WA big man) is "leaning heavily" towards OU.

Well that would be really awesome since he is a 5 star on rivals but I find this shocking as I just did a quick check of his rivals, scout and ESPN and unless I missed it OU is not on the list. I hope you are right Hohum, I really hope this hoopscoop is right.

Well that would be really awesome since he is a 5 star on rivals but I find this shocking as I just did a quick check of his rivals, scout and ESPN and unless I missed it OU is not on the list. I hope you are right Hohum, I really hope this hoopscoop is right.

I have no idea how reliable it is. So I'm 100% strictly the messenger here, but it also said about how it was a surprise to them to hear OU's name on his radar.

Take it with a big ol' grain of salt!

I have no idea how reliable it is. So I'm 100% strictly the messenger here, but it also said about how it was a surprise to them to hear OU's name on his radar.

Take it with a big ol' grain of salt!

Thanks for the news, hohum. I didn't realize that OU was even recruiting him. Could you give the relevant OU part of the article in the form of a snippet with the source link included? That would be much appreciated.

Does two plus two equal four? Well, if it does, then we may have to give credence to what we're hearing about 6'8 Josh Smith from Covington (Kentwood) WA, who currently is ranked #11 nationally in the senior class by the HOOP SCOOP and for the better part of the last year has been believed to have been a near lock for UCLA. The word we're getting is that Smith actually had gone so far as to give the Bruins a silent verbal commitment, but now has changed his mind and is heavily leaning towards going to the University of Oklahoma. And to add even more validity to this story is the fact that Smith has cancelled his scheduled visit to UCLA this weekend and it has not been rescheduled.

http://www.hoopscooponline.com/

Wow. That is a strange turn of events. Thanks for posting.

That is strange... But I would love to get him!

I really can't say that I would feel about taking this kid away from UCLA. Lets hope Capel can land him.

:jcapel

He is the #1 rated Center by ESPN.com (10th overall). He is a five star on both Rivals and Scout. Would be a huge get if true.

While I'm on everyone's good side. ;) Is there an option to having something besides little OU's under my name?? I've been worrying about what post (is it 500?) is going to make the full OU under my name.

That'd be bad for me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Xk32rwe2I"]Here is a link to some video on him[/ame]

The guy reminds me a lot of Eddie Curry, just the way he moves and how he releases his shot.

I've wondered if UCLA would begin to struggle a tiny bit in some its recruiting efforts after the disastrous season Jrue Holiday had there. I'm not saying that is in play at all with Smith, but I can't remember a time when I heard so many people saying so many times that an ultra-talented player made a mistake by going to play in the wrong system.

Here is a link to some video on him

The guy reminds me a lot of Eddie Curry, just the way he moves and how he releases his shot.

I've wondered if UCLA would begin to struggle a tiny bit in some its recruiting efforts after the disastrous season Jrue Holiday had there. I'm not saying that is in play at all with Smith, but I can't remember a time when I heard so many people saying so many times that an ultra-talented player made a mistake by going to play in the wrong system.

The kid has got me impressed.

I wonder if there is somewhere else we can go to see if this kid really canceled his visit to UCLA as this would be a really big sign toward hoopscoops' credibility on this. I saw on the free scout board for UCLA two posters talking about his visit and him being a lock as a Bruin so I really don't know right now. Just weird.

While I'm on everyone's good side. ;) Is there an option to having something besides little OU's under my name?? I've been worrying about what post (is it 500?) is going to make the full OU under my name.

That'd be bad for me.

:ford

According to scout, his visit is supposed to be tomorrow....so we will know soon enough.

Back