Apparently Josh Smith's looking pretty hard at OU.

I can certainly see what the hubub is about.

He's nimble for a guy that size and he is certainly "a guy that size". With that type of frame and some tenacity he could be a lottery pick himself.

Capel continues to amaze if this is the case.

While I'm on everyone's good side. ;) Is there an option to having something besides little OU's under my name?? I've been worrying about what post (is it 500?) is going to make the full OU under my name.

HoHum, that's the price you pay for being a Poke fan.

Seriously, you'll get a full "OU" when you reach 500 posts. But, if this Josh Smith to OU story turns out to be accurate, we might make an exception in your case. ;)

Well here is a good start to HSO being correct: Scout.com reports that UCLA will only have one visitor this weekend, Anthony Brown.

Source Link

If true, would you guys say his attention towards OU is a direct effect of BG going #1? Capel is putting in work...

After watching that vid, I'm pretty sure Smith could add some depth to the O-line on Saturdays. That guy is a load!

If true, would you guys say his attention towards OU is a direct effect of BG going #1? Capel is putting in work...

After watching that vid, I'm pretty sure Smith could add some depth to the O-line on Saturdays. That guy is a load!

No doubt in my mind that BG would be a big factor here.

Found this link on a UCLA board. Their fans seem to be pretty giddy about it.....

http://www.myspace.com/usctrojan04

That myspace page is weird...did you notice that url is for usctrojan04? That seems like a strange name for him to take...was he originally a USC commit? The rest of the profile seems pretty legit...lots of pics and a long history of messages and stuff, so it would be a pretty fantastic fake if it were, but it really looks weird...

I guess if he isn't taking the visit then something could have changed, but it looks pretty weird right now...

That myspace page is weird...did you notice that url is for usctrojan04? That seems like a strange name for him to take...was he originally a USC commit? The rest of the profile seems pretty legit...lots of pics and a long history of messages and stuff, so it would be a pretty fantastic fake if it were, but it really looks weird...

I guess if he isn't taking the visit then something could have changed, but it looks pretty weird right now...

Maybe he called it that so USC fans will click on his url and get a trojan on their computer?;)

I'm not sure what to believe, but if that is true that he is not going to be heading to UCLA for a visit, something is up. If he is all but sewn up for the Bruins, it would be a peculiar thing to cancel your visit and instead go to another school.

If Capel were to land this guy... Wow. Just wow.:OUbball-logo:

Coach Capel just continues to work his butt off in recruiting.
It's unbelievable what he is doing. :clap

The UCLA scout site is reporting that Josh will visit the Bruins on October 4th.

The HoopScoop account I'm using happened to have a pretty interesting tidbit in favor of you guys.

I don't know the rules on pasting premium info, so I won't. But anywho, says Josh Smith (WA big man) is "leaning heavily" towards OU.

You have a Constitutional right (the First Amendment) to discuss whatever you want. What you cannot do, is cut and paste other people's copyrighted works (unless if falls within the fair use doctrine). I would ignore any board policy that differs from this as that it is generally just the rule of idiots that don't understand discussion of site on other sites is good for you.

how about we get Henzo to look into this i'm sure he could come up with something

Are we thinking there are any legs to this? He has been considered a UCLA guy pretty much the whole way, his myspace has UCLA wallpaper, the supposed canceled visit has been explained, and absolutely no one has thought of OU as any kind of player in his recruitment. It just seems like we are giving a lot of credence to a single blurb that isn't exactly verifiable.

It just seems like I'd have to be optimistic to the extreme to even think this might lead somewhere...am I wrong?

Are we thinking there are any legs to this? He has been considered a UCLA guy pretty much the whole way, his myspace has UCLA wallpaper, the supposed canceled visit has been explained, and absolutely no one has thought of OU as any kind of player in his recruitment. It just seems like we are giving a lot of credence to a single blurb that isn't exactly verifiable.

It just seems like I'd have to be optimistic to the extreme to even think this might lead somewhere...am I wrong?

I hear ya, elmo. But I have heard from a good source that Josh is indeed really considering OU. Also, check the ESPN smith article posted on our board that has him listing Oklahoma.

I think we have a shot here.

I hear ya, elmo. But I have heard from a good source that Josh is indeed really considering OU. Also, check the ESPN smith article posted on our board that has him listing Oklahoma.

I think we have a shot here.

I can't seem to find this article your referring too???

Let's all hope that Capel's in-home visit with Smith went well yesterday. Its another full week of visits for the Sooners' head man. He sure works hard with recruiting! :clap

Back