Are you ready for this?

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SInm0vFJfM&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SInm0vFJfM&NR=1[/ame]

Whenever I see clips and footage of TMG, the word that always springs to my mind is "control"--just total control of his body, of the flow of play, of the game. He just always seems to be in control of the action--it's truly fun to watch.

He's kind of like a mini-Willie Warren. I can't wait to have them in the backcourt together. And the cool thing will be that Capel will/should have one of them on the court at all times running the point.

He is going to be scary good by the end of the year....i really think by the end of the year having these three in the backcourt will be crazy....tmg, pledger, ww

you got both tmg and ww drivin and dishin to gallon for a jumper or pledger for the three...pledger will have spread the lanes for the drivers....

He's got to get a pullup. He'll learn he can't get to the cup with the ease of AAU and High School ball.

no. no i'm NOT ready.

i'm use to shooting guards playing point. i don't think i'm ready for a real point. i'm working on it though.

no. no i'm NOT ready.

i'm use to shooting guards playing point. i don't think i'm ready for a real point. i'm working on it though.
Well he can shoot the ball like a 2 from deep, so that should help your transitional period.

Trust me has more than a pull up. Once Tommy gets comfortable at this level of play. The sky will be the limit. One thing I worry about is big 12 officials and Tommy's crossover. It seems like the refs in the big 12 like to send a message to incoming players about the crossover dribble. Tommy's cross over is a Picasso baby. The scary thing about Tommy is that he is bull strong and very quick. It sends chills up my spine about what this kid is capable of achieveing. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:tmg

Trust me has more than a pull up. Once Tommy gets comfortable at this level of play. The sky will be the limit. One thing I worry about is big 12 officials and Tommy's crossover. It seems like the refs in the big 12 like to send a message to incoming players about the crossover dribble. Tommy's cross over is a Picasso baby. The scary thing about Tommy is that he is bull strong and very quick. It sends chills up my spine about what this kid is capable of achieveing. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:tmg

There are many of us, just as excited as you are, Faithful!

Wow. Now I am even more optimistic about this season.

Huh? He hit many pullups in the video.

Mostly dribble drive fadeaways. That's an OK shot, but he has to be able to decide when he needs to cut the drive off and shoot the pullup. Look at about 1:17 where he goes in the lane and gets a shot against three guys. It was a nice play, but one he won't make on this level. He would benefit from a floater as well. A nice tear drop one at abou 15-12 ft. Drew Lavender and TJ Ford had hellacious ones.

Also, If you look back at Byron Eaton's freshman year, most of his offensive problems came from not knowing when to cut his drives off. He had this problem throughout his career and had foul problems and turnovers due to it. You would like your PG to stop right at the freethrow line if he beats his man, and either shoot, or draw the post player in so he dish it underneath.

Thanks for the link -- TMG looks great.

Mostly dribble drive fadeaways. That's an OK shot, but he has to be able to decide when he needs to cut the drive off and shoot the pullup. Look at about 1:17 where he goes in the lane and gets a shot against three guys. It was a nice play, but one he won't make on this level. He would benefit from a floater as well. A nice tear drop one at abou 15-12 ft. Drew Lavender and TJ Ford had hellacious ones.

Pretty much spot on, a soft floater in the lane is almost unblockable and opens up the underneath passing lanes. That's probably the first thing I realized after high school, you just can't finish at the rim like you did before because the length and size of the post players increase drastically. I'm sure TMG will figure it out pretty quickly and add that dimension to his game.

Can't disagree with a few changes that may be required; however, I would add that some dudes are just good finishers...and the same shots that worked in HS work on any level. I've noticed that he is good at shielding the ball with his body when he gets into traffic and has a low delivery on his shot, couple that with his speed and I think he'll get away with a few more of those than what we think.

Man, that reminds me of myself, only slower, 20% more body fat and I get called for the carry, but we are about the same heighth.LOL

Just kidding, he looks good, the future is bright for him. He reminds me of J.Nelson, thick and quick with the ball. It will be nice to match him for the next 4 years. Thank god he's a Sooner!!!

The last player we had that could penetrate that I remember was Nolan Johnson. It seems every team we played had one, but we havent. So glad to even the odds.

The last player we had that could penetrate that I remember was Nolan Johnson. It seems every team we played had one, but we havent. So glad to even the odds.

We had one last year and we're going to see a lot more of it this season.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHFa64o8vN4[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJL6TB51PDs[/ame]

Back