Arkansas and Arizona

OULad

Reaction score
Are these must win games? I think we have to win these if we want any chance of going to the NCAA. Otherwise we would have to go 11-5 in league to get in, and if we cannot beat these teams at home i doubt we can do that.

Are these must win games? I think we have to win these if we want any chance of going to the NCAA. Otherwise we would have to go 11-5 in league to get in, and if we cannot beat these teams at home i doubt we can do that.

Both are must wins for this team to get in the dance imo. Its not that we can't do it without these two, but it would leave a lot up to chance. I hope our fans get loud and give this team a much needed boost on defense.

Arkansas is struggling worse than the Sooners. At home OU rolls them.

I don't think OU will roll many folks right now. Hope I am wrong. Arkansas is getting three guys back for this game....

Definitely must wins I would say. We have to come out of non-conference with no more than 5 losses or we are in big, big trouble. We've already got 3, and we have the following tough non-conf games left:

Arkansas
Zona
@ Utah
UTEP
@ Gonzaga

I would be shocked if we beat Gonzaga, which means we have to take no less than 3 out of 4 in the other 4 games. 5 losses in non-conference likely means we have to go 10-6 in the league to get in. 9-7 would put you at 12 losses with some BAD losses in non-conf and I don't think that would be good enough to get in.

What BT said. We just need to win these games at home. These two games could get this OU team on a roll. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I think OU lad is correct. OF the outstanding non-conference games
in order of difficulty :

@Gonzaga
@Utah
Arizona
UTEP
Arkansas

Losing to Gonzaga and going 9-7 in the conference would give a 19-11 record with no major wins and a most likely poor RPI.

Qualification could be through the tournament

I think the key game is Arizona win and the door is still cracked , loose and the NIT looks like a possiblity

Loose to Arkansas and The NIT looks doubtful.

I think an 8-8 in the conference is the most likely result, 9-7 would require playing well. That was the record 2 years ago. A loosing conference NCAA even if OU won all remaining non-conference games would probably not qualify.

Back