Austin Reaves best game of the year

Disagree. We need Reaves, like it or not to play under control, distribute and score 10ish a night.

I said we "don't need that much production" from him and for him to "not make crazy plays." 10ish a night and playing under control would fit that definition. We agree! Yay!

austin reaves last 5 games

18-44 .41 from the field
9-22 .41 from 3
22-24 .92 from the FF line

13.4 ppg 3.4 ast 4.2 rebounds

18-44 .41 from the field
9-22 .41 from 3

So he's made 18 shots in 5 games, and 9 threes in 5 games? That's 3.6 shots per game and 1.8 threes per game. Not exactly stellar but it's better than throwing it up there 15 times a game like he was doing the previous stretch. Much more under control.

So he's made 18 shots in 5 games, and 9 threes in 5 games? That's 3.6 shots per game and 1.8 threes per game. Not exactly stellar but it's better than throwing it up there 15 times a game like he was doing the previous stretch. Much more under control.

That neglects his contribution at the free throw line. Fouls where the shot is missed do not count in shot attempts. He shooting it less, but more often than the stats would should suggest if you look at only field goal attempts.

That neglects his contribution at the free throw line. Fouls where the shot is missed do not count in shot attempts. He shooting it less, but more often than the stats would should suggest if you look at only field goal attempts.

getting to the FF line and making those shots has been one of the best things he has done this year

Okay let's take a look... He's averaging just over 4 free throw attempts per game over the last 5 games. If you assume that every free throw he attempted is a shooting foul (and not a foul because we are in the bonus.) Then that means 2 more shots per game.

Okay let's take a look... He's averaging just over 4 free throw attempts per game over the last 5 games. If you assume that every free throw he attempted is a shooting foul (and not a foul because we are in the bonus.) Then that means 2 more shots per game.

Yes, that is my point. Shooting less but its more like 5 to 6 attempts per game... And averaging 13.5 per game, that is great efficiency!

Yep, I made that point in my earlier post. He's way more under control.

just over 4 is actually almost 5 .. 4.8

just over 4 is actually almost 5 .. 4.8

You're right, I looked at free throws made instead of attempted, but if you assume that some of his free throws were shooting fouls because we were in the bonus then it probably about evens out.

But let's use 5 instead of 4, that raises the added shot attempts to 2.5 per game instead of 2.

I have been one of those critical of Reaves and him trying to do too much or be a player he is not. I have said all along that if he just concentrates on being the best Austin Reaves, he can help us win games.

With his FT%, and his energy, and even ability to get some boards, he has shown more so the last few games how he can best help this team.

18-44 .41 from the field
9-22 .41 from 3

Let's add the KU game in...

22-58 0.38 from the field

9-26 0.35 from 3

26-28 0.93 from the FF line

13.2 ppg 3.5 ast 4.3 rebounds

Except for shooting.. 22-58 is not good.

But as long as the Big 2 are playing well we can absorb some of his bad shooting, unfortunately that didn’t happen at KU, have to have a better game from Manek tonight.

Saw this pic in the TW... This pic is so "Reaves"...

2020-02-18.png

Back