Barry Honore

CoachTalk

Reaction score
Southern University's Barry Honore' to join Sooner hoops team
Comments 2
Buzz up!BY David Ubben, Staff Writer, The Oklahoman
Published: August 18, 2009

Barry Honore', a former forward at Southern University, will transfer to Oklahoma. The 6-7, 230-pound sophomore averaged 8.8 points and 4.5 rebounds per game for Southern. Honore' will sit out the season required by NCAA transfer rules.
A Garland, Tex. native, Honore' was the Southwestern Athletic Conference Freshman of the Year. He originally committed to Oral Roberts, but after a scholarship offer fell through, he signed a letter of intent at Southern.

Any Thoughts????

Didn't see that coming. I'll be interested to hear more about him.

I know.. I was doing my daily rounds around my favorite sports sites and came upon this story!

Key Stats
GP MIN/G PTS/G REB/G AST/G FG %
31 26.2 8.8 4.5 0.4 43

Player Rankings
Scoring
National Conference Position
1071 29 353
Rebounding
National Conference Position
714 15 436
Statistical leaders

im confused on this one??

As a high school senior from South Garland, just outside Dallas, Honoré originally committed to Oral Roberts. But when the scholarship offer fell through, his father, Bruce, got in touch with the Jaguars’ coaching staff.

Barry is 55 in Gold
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQtCUbo_NgU[/ame]

with getting him is this a sign that we are in trouble on the recruiting front????

will he be a walk on or did we actually give him a scholorship?

If he were playing this year, it wouldnt be so bad, because we need immediate help there, but I would have like a guy with significantly better upside.

How important does this make Kyle Hardrick right now.

Hardrick has a long way to go until he contributes at OU. I hope I am wrong but I am not impressed with Hardrick.

Hardrick has a long way to go until he contributes at OU. I hope I am wrong but I am not impressed with Hardrick.

Hardrick is probably better than Honore and better conditioned than Fitz. It looks like we are going to need him instead of a redshirt.

why sign a guy that is worse than hardick? if that is the case that gives us 4 downlow guys for next year assuming tiny stays...fitz, allen, hardick, and tiny

i am just confused with this signing if you really think hardick is better

why sign a guy that is worse than hardick? if that is the case that gives us 4 downlow guys for next year assuming tiny stays...fitz, allen, hardick, and tiny

i am just confused with this signing if you really think hardick is better

Well, because I have a cousin on the Southern staff. If you haven't noticed, Southern has recruited alot of Oklahoma kids lately. In contrast to that level of competition, Ralph Hishaw, a 6'7 post who had very similar numbers to Honore had to go to a NAIA school.

Back