Battle 4 Atlantis Bracket Announced

meh, so we get smacked around a little. or a lot.

do we get extra practice time out of this? because if so then it's worth it. plus they get to go to the Bahamas together.

Hopefully we can beat Middle Tennessee State in that third game. lol

Have you guys been to see the team? Already know we are gonna suck! You guys are awesome

Have you guys been to see the team? Already know we are gonna suck! You guys are awesome

Are Stanford/Wisconsin any good this year? I remember them not being too good last year.

Either way, good chance for some good early competition for OU.

UVA got the soft side of the bracket. UMBC must have declined the invite over MTSU

Are Stanford/Wisconsin any good this year? I remember them not being too good last year.

Either way, good chance for some good early competition for OU.

UVA got the soft side of the bracket. UMBC must have declined the invite over MTSU

UVA deserves the "easiest" first round game because they are the class of the field heading into the season. But having Butler on their side of the bracket is no picnic -- Butler might be the second best team in the tournament. And even MTSU isn't a terrible team -- they were a bubble team last season.

UVA deserves the "easiest" first round game because they are the class of the field heading into the season. But having Butler on their side of the bracket is no picnic -- Butler might be the second best team in the tournament. And even MTSU isn't a terrible team -- they were a bubble team last season.

UVA may be the class of the field, but OU and Florida are the money/ratings makers. I would have put them in opposite brackets for a potential OU/UF championship game however much of a longshot that might be. I can also see why they made OU/UF the opening game of the tourny though.

I dont necessarily think we're gonna suck. I think we're gonna need some time together. It may very well end up being a good team.

I dont necessarily think we're gonna suck. I think we're gonna need some time together. It may very well end up being a good team.

Which is why some of us have suggested it'd be nice to have a slightly less rigorous non-conference schedule. We could end up being pretty good but still miss out on the tourney because we suffered too many early-season losses.

Which is why some of us have suggested it'd be nice to have a slightly less rigorous non-conference schedule. We could end up being pretty good but still miss out on the tourney because we suffered too many early-season losses.

And I get that argument. Could win all those crappy games like OSU and miss the tournament as well.

And I get that argument. Could win all those crappy games like OSU and miss the tournament as well.

Exactly. And it is pretty clear that the committee places far more emphasis on quality wins than ever before. When you play a schedule like OU is playing, you at least give yourself several chances to bag a couple (or more) big wins. If you go with a softer schedule, you have very few chances to do that outside the conference, and you also have the potential for some really damaging losses if you slip up against a mediocre (or worse) team.

I'm not suggesting we play a slate full of "crappy" teams. I never have, but somehow my stance keeps getting misrepresented and/or misunderstood.

There's a huge gap between having one of the toughest schedules in the country (which we have had the past two seasons) and a slate full of weak opponents, and this is one season I wish our schedule had managed to find the sweet spot of being reasonably tough but with some early games that allow us to find our footing and gain some confidence, given that we're coming off a terrible second-half last season and an awful full season before that.

If we manage to thrive in conference play, as we did last season, I'll happily eat my words, but much of that success was due to TY and I don't consider it likely that anyone else will step up to nearly that degree this season. I'd love to be wrong.

Back