Beaker enters Kansas basketball dorm offering 'free-throw advice'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerTraveler

Reaction score
Police called after man enters Kansas basketball dorm offering 'free-throw advice'

https://sports.yahoo.com/police-cal...orm-offering-free-throw-advice-041333800.html

(EXCERPT) One frustrated Kansas fan apparently wasn’t satisfied just to stew at home the day after sophomore center Udoka Azubuike’s six straight missed free throws doomed the fifth-ranked Jayhawks to an 85-80 loss at Oklahoma.

The fan instead made the ill-advised decision to try to help his favorite team improve its foul shooting.

A man entered the dorm that houses the Kansas men’s basketball team on Wednesday and wanted to offer the players “free-throw advice,” University of Kansas police Deputy Chief James Anguiano told Yahoo Sports. Police were called to McCarthy Hall at 3 p.m. Wednesday afternoon, Anguiano said, but were unable to find the man after checking the area.

Anguiano did not specify the identity of the man in question. The Lawrence Journal-World reported earlier Wednesday that the man had been at the basketball dorm multiple times during the day before the police were called and was said to be wearing a blue and red windbreaker.

It seems pretty safe to assume the man was there to offer guidance to Azubuike considering the way Tuesday night’s game in Norman ended.

What a jerk. Does he really think the team and the particular player are not more upset than he is? KU should expel him. There is something seriously wrong with a person that would intentionally hurt another person by going into their house and doing this. That player for KU probably feels pretty bad. He doesn’t need KU fans doing things like this.

What a jerk. Does he really think the team and the particular player are not more upset than he is? KU should expel him. There is something seriously wrong with a person that would intentionally hurt another person by going into their house and doing this. That player for KU probably feels pretty bad. He doesn’t need KU fans doing things like this.

Who are these people who think it is their privilege to invade someones' life with their crappy, uninformed opinions? Same with some people here ... they seem to think that just because some guy plays for OU that they have the right to say the meanest, rudest things about them - and have the audacity to protest when you call them on it! Immature, classless, idiotic, self-absorbed.

Who are these people who think it is their privilege to invade someones' life with their crappy, uninformed opinions? Same with some people here ... they seem to think that just because some guy plays for OU that they have the right to say the meanest, rudest things about them - and have the audacity to protest when you call them on it! Immature, classless, idiotic, self-absorbed.

Not same.

Okay, enough of comparing what this moron KU fan did vs. OU posters. This Board does not allow derogatory comments about players - but some blur the line between derogatory and general criticism directed at certain players.

If you think someone is making a derogatory comment about a player, please report that post so the Mods can make their own determination. In the meantime, let's keep this thread about the moron KU fan...or don't post.

It's not even close to the same.

And, replace "plays for OU" with "cheers for OU" and you just did what you complained about others doing.

Sorry guys.....it was me at the KU dorm.

I was just trying to help.

I love the right hand spin on their free throws.........;)

And, replace "plays for OU" with "cheers for OU" and you just did what you complained about others doing.

I dont care if I do it to those fans. I do care about them thinking they have some privilege to run a kid into the ground in public like that within earshot or internet-shot of the kid himself or his family. I am an old man. They can bad-mouth me all they want.

I dont care if I do it to those fans. I do care about them thinking they have some privilege to run a kid into the ground in public like that within earshot or internet-shot of the kid himself or his family. I am an old man. They can bad-mouth me all they want.

So, you're obviously over 40? :woot

I am just givin ya chit~

There is a REAL good chance it isn't even a student...these ku fans up here are FANatical...at ALL ages.

So, you're obviously over 40? :woot

I am just givin ya chit~

so 40 was what made him a man, right? yeah I am way over 40 so I guess the moniker "old man" fits. you're right.

I don't think anyone could call me anything I havent heard before and none of it would phase me.:ez-laugh:

so 40 was what made him a man, right? yeah I am way over 40 so I guess the moniker "old man" fits. you're right.

I don't think anyone could call me anything I havent heard before and none of it would phase me.:ez-laugh:

Mike Gundy?

No fans were named and they are annonomous So I don’t see it the same or all that similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back