Best returning trio's in the Big 12 next year...

I appreciate the respect you give to Mizzou, but English, Bowers and Denmon aren't the best returning trio. The potential is there to possibly be the best trio next season, but they haven't done enough to be there yet.

I have to respect three true sophomores who average 35 points, 13 rebounds, and get as many steals and blocks as they do on a 21-8, top 4 team in the Big 12. English is a 38% three point shooter, Denmon a 44% shooter, and Bowers a 47% shooter.

No offense Big but that list is a joke. Mizzou #1 is more of your sunshine pumping.

So make your own list, lol... Those guys are all good players, true sophomores, and will be better next year. Missouri is going to be REALLY good next season, IMO.

It's too early to make a list. For all we know OU loses Gallon and Warren. Baylor loses Udoh. Having CU on that list is a joke. CU is going to be the worst team in the conference next year. I would take Texas' top 3, Kansas' top 3 and probably OSU's top 3 over most of that list.

It's too early to make a list. For all we know OU loses Gallon and Warren. Baylor loses Udoh. Having CU on that list is a joke. CU is going to be the worst team in the conference next year. I would take Texas' top 3, Kansas' top 3 and probably OSU's top 3 over most of that list.

You don't think Higgins, Burks, and Relphorde is a good trio? Considering one guy is going to be all-conference (Higgins), another all freshman (Burks), and another all newcomer (Relphorde), I would say that is pretty short-sighted.

Burks may also be freshman of the year.

I have to respect three true sophomores who average 35 points, 13 rebounds, and get as many steals and blocks as they do on a 21-8, top 4 team in the Big 12. English is a 38% three point shooter, Denmon a 44% shooter, and Bowers a 47% shooter.
English is also a 40% FG shoot who turns it over almost twice as much as he assists it. Bowers is solid and Denmon does it against weak teams. Against KU he had 3, Texas 2, KSU 3, Baylor 5, A&M 9 and had 1 good game against KSU with 14. Where he's gotten his average is with 4 20+ games against Tech, Colorado twice and Nebraska.
You gotta go deeper than just looking at stats.

So make your own list, lol... Those guys are all good players, true sophomores, and will be better next year. Missouri is going to be REALLY good next season, IMO.
Would be happy to in June. It's way too early. It's funny you assume some guys go pro but not others. To be honest I think there is just a good a chance that Aldrich, Henry, Brackins, etc come back than Udoh, Dunn, Warren, Gallon, etc. It's all just a big guess right now. Ask in June and I'll be happy to make a list.

You don't think Higgins, Burks, and Relphorde is a good trio? Considering one guy is going to be all-conference (Higgins), another all freshman (Burks), and another all newcomer (Relphorde), I would say that is pretty short-sighted.

If Burks gets freshman of the year over TMG I will riot at the Big 12 office.

If Burks gets freshman of the year over TMG I will riot at the Big 12 office.

Burks, Relephorde, and Higgins are one of the best trios now. Unfortuantely a trio isn't going to get it done.

No disrespect Cheno, but I like Udoh better than Aldrich.
I don't think Aldrich will be a superstar by any means but at least you know where he plays and know what you're going to get from Aldrich.
The thing with Udoh is he's done nothing against good competition. And in the NBA he's going to have much better competition than in the Big 12.
I guess my question to you is if he can't do it against the good teams in the Big 12 what makes you think he will in the league?

Here's his lines against top teams
KU 4 for 9 10pts 4 boards
KSU 2 for 10 8pts 14boards
Texas 3 for 15 7pts 6boards
A&M 6 for 15 19pts 4boards
Mizzou 2 for 6 6pts 10boards
A&M 3 for 9 9pts 5boards

I mean look at those shooting %'s. But the thing that sticks out most to me about Udoh's NBA potential is his rebounding. You look on the surface and he avgs 10boards a game. But if you look more into he struggles rebounding against bigger guys who can rebound. News flash...that's every night in the league. He gets big rebound numbers vs teams with small guys inside. Against Aldrich, Pittman, Bryan Davis (twice), Tiny Gallon (3 boards yesterday for Udoh) and he hasn't got more than 6 boards. That sticks out to me. When guys body him he has problems. That will happen every night in the league.

Burks, Relephorde, and Higgins are one of the best trios now. Unfortuantely a trio isn't going to get it done.

I agree. I'd take those 3 over the 3 Mizzou guys ABD had in a heartbeat.

Henry dominated Burks in their matchup in Lawrence. It was pretty clear that Henry is the better player. Burks had 6 at halftime and then scored 7 or 8 garbage points with Colorado down 20.

That being said, Colorado has improved and the fact that they beat OU could give Burks one up on TMG in the race. I would be fine with TMG or Burks winning the award. I think Henry would have had a good chance without that stretch of games in the middle. Since then he has been one of the better players in the conference.

higgins and burks are a great duo, but relphorde is very pedestrian.

cu needs to bring in a center or a big physical 4. and they need that injured pg to be everything they're hoping or they'll be the same team they are this year.

Keiton Page/Nick Sidorakis/Fred Gulley.

higgins and burks are a great duo, but relphorde is very pedestrian.

cu needs to bring in a center or a big physical 4. and they need that injured pg to be everything they're hoping or they'll be the same team they are this year.

Bzdelik thought Shannon Sharpe would be their starting point guard this year... He is a terrific athlete and can do a little bit of everything. They thought he would be their best defensive player as well. Tough loss when he went down, but he should make them better next year.

They are going to bring in one or two juco posts to help them inside next year... They are trying to get Aziz but I doubt they will be able to get him. He doesnt really fit their system either, because he has limited skill but they need someone to defend the rim and rebound.

They are trying to get Aziz but I doubt they will be able to get him. He doesnt really fit their system either, because he has limited skill but they need someone to defend the rim and rebound.

he sounds like a perfect fit to me. because you nailed it, they need some a shot blocker and a rebounder. their 2% d and rebounding are abysmal. among the worst in the d1 bball, much less the big 12.

Keiton Page/Nick Sidorakis/Fred Gulley.

while you're bullcorning, I think Fred Gulley has looked good lately. I think he has the potential to be the backup pg. Also, don't think it's a coincidence with him running the PG and kp being more effective. If Gulley learns to atleast knock down the catch and shoot threes at atleast 30%, he'll be worth alot of PT.

while you're bullcorning, I think Fred Gulley has looked good lately. I think he has the potential to be the backup pg. Also, don't think it's a coincidence with him running the PG and kp being more effective. If Gulley learns to atleast knock down the catch and shoot threes at atleast 30%, he'll be worth alot of PT.

I've been really happy with his ball handling and defense.

You're right about Page being better as a 2. You can let him play that when you have a lanky guy that can play point guard. Not so much when you got another sub 6 footer playing point. OSU had problems a lot of times with Penn and Page on the court at the same time.

It'll be interesting to see how next year goes. Who starts out of Penn/Page/Gulley.

Page will start without a doubt.

1. Penn/Gulley
2. Page
3. Olukemi
4. D. Williams
5. M. Pilgrim

Less threes, much more inside game.

1. Penn/Gulley
2. Page
3. Olukemi
4. D. Williams
5. M. Pilgrim

You gotta be excited about that Darrell Williams guy... Leading scorer and rebounder for the #1 juco team in the country. He can step out and shoot and is a good rebounder.

He has had some monster games this year.

1. Penn/Gulley
2. Page
3. Olukemi
4. D. Williams
5. M. Pilgrim

I kind of think Moses will start at the 4, with D. Williams, Cobbins, Shaw and Franklin coming off the bench. When Moses is playing good, he is one of the better post players in the league.

As far as Trio's go Page/Penn, Moses, and Pilgrim aren't bad. Not as good as some mentioned, but not bad.

Back