Best seats I've ever had at an OU game

soonerbms

Reaction score
Thanks to a family friend who couldn't attend, I sat in Sec LE3 Row 11. It was basically the equivalent of a 50 yard line seat in football. I'd post pics, but the iPhone camera blows. I couldn't figure out how to zoom it or focus it.

My impressions from the game:

1. Tommy Mason-Griffin and Cade Davis were the players of the game as usual. I didn't realize until late in the game that Davis had snagged 10 boards.

2. Willie Warren only scored 3 points, but he helped us win. Despite his injury, he gave us good minutes and provided a steadying influence when Texas was making a run. He calmed the other guards down nicely.

3, Ryan Wright starting should be a permanent thing. Wright has earned it with his defense and hustle.

4. Texas fans hate Damion James about as much as we do. The four Horn fans sitting behind us almost had strokes thanks to his free throw shooting. They were furious with him!

5. I'll end on a disappointing note. I wish more fans had attended this game. I know we're down this year, but it was Waymon Tisdale Day. The student section and upper deck were packed, but the lower levels were kind of barren.

3, Ryan Wright starting should be a permanent thing. Wright has earned it with his defense and hustle.

I don't think this will be an issue. Like Cade, playing his best basketball @ OU lately.

4. Texas fans hate Damion James about as much as we do. The four Horn fans sitting behind us almost had strokes thanks to his free throw shooting. They were furious with him

They lose by well over 15 without James. Easily their best player and just one of many on that team who can't shoot FT. Ultimately, the lack of FT shooting and outside shooting in general will likely be their tourney downfall unless a couple of those frosh get hot.

They lose by well over 15 without James. Easily their best player and just one of many on that team who can't shoot FT. Ultimately, the lack of FT shooting and outside shooting in general will likely be their tourney downfall unless a couple of those frosh get hot.

He wasn't their best player today. What good is being able to slash and get to the line when you can't convert your free throws?

Avery Bradley was by far their best player today. He played well on both ends.

Last edited:
He wasn't their best player today. What good is getting being able to slash and get to the line when you can't convert your free throws?

Avery Bradley was by far their best player today. He played well on both ends.

Bradley probably was their best today (the best D on TMG), but this season...its not even close.

Lots of guys have made pretty good basketball careers while being terrible at the line.

I'd bet James would have been a better FT shooter under Capel just because he'd have played more relaxed. He chose poorly.

I'd bet James would have been a better FT shooter under Capel just because he'd have played more relaxed. He chose poorly.

How poetic was it that he fouled out, in his last game in Norman, and they lost? I loved it.

:tinypower

Back