Best year to make it to final four/ncaa championship

luckyc1423

Reaction score
What year do you think gives us the best chance to make it real far in the tourney possibly to a final four or win a championship?

I think in three years gives us this best chance. Assuming we can lure in one strong post player next year....heres the possible lineup in three years

1) TMG -- he will be a junior and possibly the best PG in the country by then

2) Pledger -- If he is as good as some of you might think...by his junior year he should be a JJ redrick type and will spread the floor for someone like TMG to drive and dish

3) Willis -- I like his game alot and he will be a senior then...if he full fills his talent he will be a 15 point scorer in my opinion when he is a senior

4) ?? -- This will be the hopefull strong post player we bring in next year...if that means he will be a sophore with a year under his belt

5) Fitzgerald -- He will be a junior also and I think he is going to turn into a great player

Then you have TJ taylor to put in there along with any recruits that may come in...this is a safe assumption that WW and Gallon are both gone to the NBA....I really like this lineup and if things pan out with the 4th spot we should be able to put up alot of points

What year do you think gives us the best chance to make it real far in the tourney possibly to a final four or win a championship?

I think in three years gives us this best chance. Assuming we can lure in one strong post player next year....heres the possible lineup in three years

1) TMG -- he will be a junior and possibly the best PG in the country by then

2) Pledger -- If he is as good as some of you might think...by his junior year he should be a JJ redrick type and will spread the floor for someone like TMG to drive and dish

3) Willis -- I like his game alot and he will be a senior then...if he full fills his talent he will be a 15 point scorer in my opinion when he is a senior

4) ?? -- This will be the hopefull strong post player we bring in next year...if that means he will be a sophore with a year under his belt

5) Fitzgerald -- He will be a junior also and I think he is going to turn into a great player

Then you have TJ taylor to put in there along with any recruits that may come in...this is a safe assumption that WW and Gallon are both gone to the NBA....I really like this lineup and if things pan out with the 4th spot we should be able to put up alot of points

IF we can either land a last second big man (see Lat Williams) or Orlando/Wright is ready to step up then I think this year may be the best. Having three burger boys that have played with each other in the past and some vets at the guard spot that have been in big game situations gives us a chance.....

Someone on here already sat lat williams is going to memphis....

I just dont think this is the year....I think we will be good but having a fresh point guard and a fresh post player....I just think we will be to young...but your right, if we get solid post play from someone besides gallon who knows what we can do.....I think this year there are just to many if's though....we know tmg and gallon will be good....along with ww....but who knows what pledger, fitz, wright, allon, willis, cade...any of those guys will do

Someone on here already sat lat williams is going to memphis....

I just dont think this is the year....I think we will be good but having a fresh point guard and a fresh post player....I just think we will be to young...but your right, if we get solid post play from someone besides gallon who knows what we can do.....I think this year there are just to many if's though....we know tmg and gallon will be good....along with ww....but who knows what pledger, fitz, wright, allon, willis, cade...any of those guys will do

No doubt about it. I just think that WW is really going to surprise some folks with how dominant he can be. Add in a supporting cast of guys like Crock, TMG, and Tiny and you have the makings of a good team.

Depth and youth will hurt us for sure, but anything can happen by the time March rolls around. With the right draw ( I think we will be a three or four seed), we could make it to Indy.

Wright, Allen, or Fitzgerald have got to step up on the defensive end/boards. We really don't need any of them to score. This will be a guard dominated team with good point production from Tiny.

i see next year's team as a 4-6 seed, 10-6 in conference type team. but, i underestimated us last year so i'd love to be wrong again.

IMO, the key is getting high level players (which OU is doing) and then getting at least 1 year more than expected out of them. If you look at the last 3 champions this was the case. Florida, KU, and UNC all had guys that no one expected to play into their JR or SR years and when they did they were loaded.

If OU somehow got WW to stay for a JR year they would have a great chance, and if not then having Gallon stay till his JR will be the next key. They could be stacked with Gallon and TMG as JR's.

Back