Big 12 All Conference Teams

I think Ana was snubbed and hurt by the team’s record this season. Of course, she was still injured or recovering for a good part of the season.

If she keeps it up next season, I bet she makes first team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Missing 10 games and not starting 3 others makes it difficult to earn the first team honor. I am sure it has probably happened in the past but if so it is a rarity.

Don't let them scam your brain. Ana did not make 2nd team. She made either 3rd team or honorable mention.

10 people on 1st team? That is moronic. They did that to try and keep themselves from looking like the biggest idiots in the universe.

How many people who were 3rd in scoring for the season have been relegated to 3rd team all conference? Look it up and then try to defend it.

I’m not trying to defend anything. All I said was she would have been first team if she had been healthy all year and ready to play in my opinion.

I also said I think she’s got a shot to make first team next year — and she does, but only if she gets some real help and we don’t suck again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope she comes back to this death spiral of a program and doesn't depart for greener pastures.

Hope she comes back to this death spiral of a program and doesn't depart for greener pastures.

Doubtful Ana would leave the program. She is the team ace the team leader, her mother was a gymnast at OU and her dad wrestled at OU. She is crimson and creme through and through almost certain to die Sooner dead.

Anyone else on the team is subject to being gone although I doubt that Mercer, Lampkin or Robertson would leave.

Doubtful Ana would leave the program. She is the team ace, the team leader, her mother was a gymnast at OU and her dad wrestled at OU. She is crimson and creme through and through almost certain to die Sooner dead.

Anyone else on the team is subject to being gone although I doubt that Mercer, Lampkin or Robertson would leave.

I saw a couple of things today that deeply trouble me.

First, in the Post game Interview involving OU, the Big-12 moron announcer was completely unable to pronounce Ana's last name. I mean he tried 3 or 4 different options - and they were not even close. And he even seemed to laugh at her for having that name when he had trouble. He needs to be fired by the end of the day. It is pretty straight forward to know the names of the people you are introducing when only 2 are present. She has been in the league for two full years now. Where did they find this wacko-head? There is no place for that in any conference. He is a disgrace to women's BB. Why does the Big-12 think only men are qualified to do that job anyway? Are they still in the 1940's? The answer appears to be yes.

Second. When the Big-12 honored all this year's seniors on TV today, I believe they completely left out Penzo. Am I wrong? I listened to it twice and am almost positive they ignored her as if she never existed. Why in the world would they treat her that way? I guess it was because OU had so many seniors this year they could not keep up with all of them.

Third. Why in the world does SC let her hair constantly hang over her eyes? In that press conference she had to keep her left eye closed at times because her hair was hanging in her eye. Obviously she is not able to see events on the court with one of her eyes covered up much of the time. She needs to grow up and at least act like an adult. She seems to still want to be a middle school teeny bopper. And in that same press conference, she had an almost impossible time saying anything positive about Ana. I mean for the first half of her remarks she was mostly complaining about Ana and her play. Finally, after being pressed by questioners, she finally had some positive comments about Ana. Compare that to the way OSU's coach praised Grey. It is a stark demonstration about their distinctly different approaches to player appreciation. For SC everything is about lousy performance by the players. Not one word about what she and her assistants can do better. Not even one little bitty tiny thing. She apparently thinks the coaches are perfect. Weird. Very, very weird. Nothing christian about that. "I'm the only perfect one."

Last edited:
Back