Bird

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
I try to minimize Facebook creeping as much as possible, but this just kind of sums up Steven's season right now:

Would you consider yourself a streaky shooter?
i would say ive been on a streak my whole life until now

28 minutes ago

stevepledger
Steve Pledger

Keep your head up, Steve. Better times are ahead....:pledge

He picked a hell of a time to get cold for the first time ever

I have a feeling Steven is as surprised and perplexed by the slump he's in as anyone. How could he not be? I'm reasonably sure he would not be called a "streaky shooter" by those who have followed him over the years. From everything I've heard and read he has been a pure, consistent shooter since his early teens. Even Capel called him the best three point shooter he had ever seen.

When you shoot a high percentage from three for several straight years, not to mention 50% or better as a junior and senior in high school, what Steven is going through right now has to be very frustrating to a kid who has never been down this road before.

Hang in there, SP! :pledge

He can't give up. He's a shooter. Keep puttin them up Steve. They will start falling SOONER or later. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Pledger will have a big game Saturday....watch.

As he indicates, he's definitely cold right now, but with shooters its a limited opportunity deal. It can be difficult to break out of a slump, when you only get 3/4 looks a game. If you don't knock down a couple right off the bat, then you will watch the rest of the game from the bench unless you are contributing in other areas. Prime example of that is Cade, who has struggled for stretches from 3 this season. He's found other areas to contribute whether defense or driving.

Pledge will be fine.

Last edited:
Yea Pledger could have helped us bigtime in the last three losses (Pivotal wide-open 3 in college station with 4 minutes left, anyone?) but I definitely haven't given up in him or his shot. He'll have better times ahead.

Sounds familiar...

Ebi Ere had a season-long slump in 03 and came out of it for 1 good game vs. Butler, then promptly went back into a slump vs. Syracuse.

Tony Crocker was in a season-long slump last season and came out of it for 1 good game vs. Syracuse, then promptly went back into a slump for the UNC game.

Well, if you are going to have your first cold streak ever it will be your Freshman year in College.

Back