Bobby Maze

You could see his potential 3 years ago. He can be a lot better too.

See, I disagree. When I kid that has played basketball his entire life can't dribble very well with his left, and can't shoot a lick, there is a pretty low ceiling, IMO, as to how good they can get.

See, I disagree. When I kid that has played basketball his entire life can't dribble very well with his left, and can't shoot a lick, there is a pretty low ceiling, IMO, as to how good they can get.

I agree to some degree, but there is always room for improvment when you get older and to a level such as Division 1 and the NBA...some of this improvment comes from competition, some from better coaches...some from maturity...

I do agree that a players foundation is set by the time they get to that level and it is very hard to change bad habits but it is possible...

The biggest difference that you will see is a comfort level playing, very few players can translate what they do in pick up to actual games immediately...this is where they can improve the most by becoming more comfortable on the court in game situations and in the system where they play...

With Bobby, he has played enough ball at Oklahoma, Juco and Tennessee that we are seeing probably the best he's got...i really doubt there is any more upside with him...

With Bobby, he has played enough ball at Oklahoma, Juco and Tennessee that we are seeing probably the best he's got...i really doubt there is any more upside with him...

Agreed.

And 18% from three is BAD. Wonder what boca would say if he played at OU? :D

so Bruce Pearl and coach were wrong...but you guys were right?

Bobby shares his minutes at his position and only plays about half of the time. He does have a poor shooting percentage from beyond he three point line (22%), but he is shooting close to 87% from the free throw line and his assist to turnover ratio is quite high at close to 3.5

I'd have taken him last year...this year he would = more disaster. When he is "on" he is a heck of a player.

Back