Brady Morningstar of Kansas arrested

hoopmaster

Reaction score
I know this was part of the "Trouble in Kansas" thread, but it is news so I thought I would give it its own thread for those that aren't following that thread. Suspended from playing in any games during the first semester.

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Kansas Jayhawks junior guard Brady Morningstar was suspended from first-semester games after he was arrested early Saturday on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.

Kansas Turnpike spokeswoman Lisa Callahan said Morningstar was stopped early Saturday on the Kansas Turnpike near the East Lawrence interchange.

He was arrested and booked into the Douglas County Jail. Online jail records show he was released on $250 bond later Saturday morning.

The arrest is the latest embarrassment for the Jayhawks, who are expected to be ranked as high as No. 1 in the preseason poll. It comes as university police open an investigation into last month's brawl involving members of the school's football and men's basketball teams.

Kansas coach Bill Self said the team is still assessing the incident, but Morningstar, a returning starter, used "extremely poor judgment" in breaking team rules that had gotten tougher since the fight. He said Morningstar would remain part of the team, but would not be allowed to play in games or travel.

"Regardless of the details that concern the reason for him being stopped, he broke team rules that have been much more stringent since last week. Brady was in serious violation of curfew," Self said. "We will support him through this, but needless to say I am very disappointed in the sequence of events that took place last night."

Source: ESPN

Space for obligatory Cheno reply _____________________________________________

Bill Self has lost control, shut down the program.

I really thought that Self would get these problems sorted out with his team. This really makes him look like he has lost control of his team. Coach Capel is not the type of man to use this in recruiting, but I sure hope the recruits and their parents take notice that their is something wrong in the land of oz. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

incoming.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't even use acronyms?

Last edited:
Morningstar is an idiot. This close to the other incident you can't be taking any chances. He's not going to get any clock this year now because 1st semester was probably where he was going to play the most while the young fella's learned.

Morningstar is an idiot. This close to the other incident you can't be taking any chances. He's not going to get any clock this year now because 1st semester was probably where he was going to play the most while the young fella's learned.

If I'm Self, from a basketball standpoint, I'm kinda glad Morningstar eliminated himself from the rotation. Now Bill can implement the young guns to get them acclimated to Division I ball. If you would of told me after watching him in high school that in 3-4 years he would be a starter at KU, I would of told you that you're crazy.

Maybe Daddy can work some magic to get him out of the DUI and back on the team before Christmas.

If I'm Self, from a basketball standpoint, I'm kinda glad Morningstar eliminated himself from the rotation. Now Bill can implement the young guns to get them acclimated to Division I ball. If you would of told me after watching him in high school that in 3-4 years he would be a starter at KU, I would of told you that you're crazy.

Maybe Daddy can work some magic to get him out of the DUI and back on the team before Christmas.

I agree from a basketball standpoint. It just looks bad because of last week. Morningstar is a good kid just made an absolutely idiotic move.
But you are right...Morningstar was going to get to play a lot 1st semester as the new guys got acclimated. And if in that playing time he did really well it would have been hard for Self to bench him. Now he won't play much all year.
I'm proud of Self though...he sent a message. An entire semester suspension for a DUI is stiff. Called for but definitely not the norm in college athletics. I'm glad he did it. Hopefully the message has been received.
But funny thing is if somebody would have asked me, and I hadn't heard the news yet, some on KU got a DUI and for me to guess....Tyrel Reed would have been my last guess and Brady my second to last.

If I'm Self, from a basketball standpoint, I'm kinda glad Morningstar eliminated himself from the rotation. Now Bill can implement the young guns to get them acclimated to Division I ball.

Chendog said:
I agree from a basketball standpoint.

It's always good news for Kansas here on OUHoops.com, no matter what happens! The basketball team leads a riot? Team unity! Starting guard drives wasted? It just clears up the picture for the coach!

Don't forget Tony, the Henry's both miss summer workouts and Carl talks about transferring, well it just means that KU has already faced adversity and will be ready to go come November. I got you back on the KU positive front Chendog.

It's always good news for Kansas here on OUHoops.com, no matter what happens! The basketball team leads a riot? Team unity! Starting guard drives wasted? It just clears up the picture for the coach!

Tony, don't forget the always useful, well, every team has problems! Remember at OU when....

:)

hahah. tony, if i ever see you in real-life's, i will take you down to carl's jr and buy you the "#3"...perhaps even supersized.

:clap

Gotta spin it somehow my man to keep the sanity!!!!!!

You gotta remember KU hoops fans are like OU football fans.....the sun is never coming up after something bad happens. I try not to be that way. :)

Very well done. :clap

Back