Bzdelik previews season, newcomers, future of program

thebigabd

Reaction score
http://www.cubuffs.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=600&SPID=257&SPSID=3889

Talks a lot about the newcomers... Said all will play.

-Said he expects the most out of Marcus Relphorde (6'7'' 225) and indicated he would be a starter. Says he is tough, skilled, and a "tough guard" because he can shoot the 3 and take people to the rim with his left or right hand. Bzdelik said he can play 4 positions on the floor at this level.

-Mentioned that new guard Alec Burks (6'6'' 190) has grown to 6'6'' since they signed him. He "went out on a limb" and said that if his head and heart are in the right place that he will be a "special, special player"... Unlimited capability offensively. Sounded really excited about Burks...

-Newcomer Shannon Sharpe will probably go 50/50 in terms of playing time at point guard with returning soph Nate Tomlinson. Said he is extremely athletic, a 94 foot defender, and a great finisher at the rim.

-Shane Harris-Tunks is good defender, rebounder, and will give them size, experience, etc in the paint.

-Keegan Hornbuckle has grown to 6'7'' and he said he has great upside. Good shooter, good size, excellent athlete. Chose CU over Arizona, Arizona State, and Oregon State.

CU added quite a bit of talent and Bzdelik is a really good coach IMO. My question is aren't they still far enough behind talent wise and too young to be much more than a bottom dweller? KSU is really talented, KU is great, ISU has legit talent, MU still looks good Nebraska is probably in a similar situation. I just don't see where their wins are going to come from.

CU added quite a bit of talent and Bzdelik is a really good coach IMO. My question is aren't they still far enough behind talent wise and too young to be much more than a bottom dweller? KSU is really talented, KU is great, ISU has legit talent, MU still looks good Nebraska is probably in a similar situation. I just don't see where their wins are going to come from.

They have to win at home... protect the home court and continue to build.

The year after next they will feature,

PG: Shannon Sharpe (soph)
SG: Alec Burks (soph)
SG: Cory Higgins (senior)
PF: Austin Dufault (junior)
PF: Marcus Relphorde (senior)

They have the potential to be a pretty salty team the year after next...

Back