Team

Even if he could redshirt, I'm pretty sure I saw a quote from Moser last week that nobody redshirts this year. I believe his words were "it's all hands on deck".

I like it.

Also, my wife is in love with Cortes and his long hair so she'll watch the games with me now. :austin686_jpg_xs:

I like it.

Also, my wife is in love with Cortes and his long hair so she'll watch the games with me now. :austin686_jpg_xs:

First time I saw Cortes on the floor, I thought HE was someone's wife.;)
JK

It's still way too early to say a lot about this team. I like some of the things I've seen but the competition going up fairly soon will really tell us where the team is at and if they can compete. I think the defense is probably good enough to keep a lot of games close though.

I agree, about all can be said is we are 2-0...

Basketball redshirting is different than the old football rule (even one play = no redshirt). In hoops, I believe you can play in two or three, maybe four early games (not later in the season) and still redshirt. I seem to remember some Sampson players playing early and still redshirting. 99% sure that’s the rule anyway. ;)

Maybe that has changed since COVID hit. And, like mentioned above, Moser said he has no intention to redshirt anyone, so moot issue perhaps.

If we were 0-2 (or, perhaps more apt, if we had two 6-8 point victories), would we be saying it was too early to panic?

If we were 0-2 (or, perhaps more apt, if we had two 6-8 point victories), would we be saying it was too early to panic?

to me...no. Got to give the guy some time...now, we go below .500 this yr and continue that trend...yes.

Obviously I don't think we'll go below .500 overall...league I'd expect at least .500 hopefully a game or 2 above.

to me...no. Got to give the guy some time...now, we go below .500 this yr and continue that trend...yes.

Obviously I don't think we'll go below .500 overall...league I'd expect at least .500 hopefully a game or 2 above.

I agree. My point was there was little not to like about our win over UTSA. I'm not saying they're world-beaters, but they scored 97 in their opener, and we held them less than half that. On top of that, we scored 96, so no complaints there, either. It doesn't assure us of anything going forward, but no win does, so I prefer to enjoy each win on its own terms. I'm not worried now about how good we'll be in January, February or March. We were good the other night, and it was a satisfying win.

No one should redshirt. We shouldnt be recruiting players that need to do that anymore.

Back