Cliff Dixon brother of Kevin Durant

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=69597

Hutch juco forward Just committed to Western Kentucky. Odd that one of the state schools didn't jump on him. If not OU or OSU, ORU or Tulsa. Darrius Johnson Odom, the guard on his team is signing with Marquette. Dixon Averaged 15pts and 9 rebounds last year and originally committed to Seton Hall. WKU beat out Memphis and Missouri for him.

In a sidenote, Memphis and Missouri have struggled in recruiting this spring. Memphis just lost out on Vilarino to Gonzaga and now this kid. They have only kept 1 guy from their recruiting class. Missouri just lost Famous along with this kid and are in jeopardy of Dewitt not qualifying.

abd you should have been all over this kid.

Last edited:
Missouri is in big time trouble. They are missing out on everyone.

Anybody know why? is it just one of those things that happens once in a while, or are there problems on the inside we don't know about?

Missouri shouldn't have a problem recruiting. Great gym, lots of kids locally, good tradition, successful program etc. Can't see why they would have a problem getting their fair share.

Missouri is in big time trouble. They are missing out on everyone.

Big-time trouble as in headed for the NIT? I really think they can be an NCAA team and still battle for 4th or 5th in the Big 12 with what they've got returning.

They return all of their guards, who are really good, except for Lawrence, and then they have Ramsey, Bowers and Safford inside. I really think Safford could be a nice inside-out threat at the four for them. Reminds me of Najera in a way. They're also bringing in the 6-10 Keith Dewitt. Rivals says we offered, and he was offers from several other nice schools.

I think they'll still make the tourney and be tough in the Big 12 with those decent big men and guards like Tiller, Taylor, Denmon, English and Paul.

Anybody know why? is it just one of those things that happens once in a while, or are there problems on the inside we don't know about?

Missouri shouldn't have a problem recruiting. Great gym, lots of kids locally, good tradition, successful program etc. Can't see why they would have a problem getting their fair share.

As much as I like Mike Anderson, he's never been a great recruiter as far as recruiting the highly sought after kids. The shocker to me is he isn't getting the kids that fall into what he's looking for in his system that aren't high end recruits, but guys who can press and run.

Big-time trouble as in headed for the NIT? I really think they can be an NCAA team and still battle for 4th or 5th in the Big 12 with what they've got returning.

They return all of their guards, who are really good, except for Lawrence, and then they have Ramsey, Bowers and Safford inside. I really think Safford could be a nice inside-out threat at the four for them. Reminds me of Najera in a way. They're also bringing in the 6-10 Keith Dewitt. Rivals says we offered, and he was offers from several other nice schools.

I think they'll still make the tourney and be tough in the Big 12 with those decent big men and guards like Tiller, Taylor, Denmon, English and Paul.

Their season depends on Safford and Bowers. If those guys turn out to be legit players, they can be good. If they are just role guys, they could be in trouble.

Mizzou didn't want the this kid....at least they shouldn't have. He is bad news imo.

Mizzou didn't want the this kid....at least they shouldn't have. He is bad news imo.

Really? If that's the case seems like WKU is assembling the Bad News Bears of College Basketball.

Just noticed this quote. I doesn't appear that Anderson was after him very hard.

Dixon on Mizzou:

"Missouri, their staff was recruiting me, but Coach (Mike) Anderson hadn't seen me play," Dixon said. "I don't think he head seen me play, I think he had seen highlights, but he hadn't seen me play, himself. He wasn't recruiting me, it was more like his staff, the assistant coaches and everyone was calling me and trying to get me on the phone. My parents talked to them. They wanted them to bring me out. But he hadn't seen me play, he wasn't recruiting me, so I didn't feel comfortable going to a situation like that."

Back