Coach K to the Nets?

Why? He can lose the rest of his games from now till next season and still be a god in Duke. He goes to NJ and wins 10 games or whatever and he's fired before the year ends.

Why? He can lose the rest of his games from now till next season and still be a god in Duke. He goes to NJ and wins 10 games or whatever and he's fired before the year ends.

A challenge? Good Lord, you act as if there is no reason he might possibly want to try something new.

A challenge? Good Lord, you act as if there is no reason he might possibly want to try something new.

I've sort of figured it out with Nick...his posts just come off the wrong way. Phrases like "probably not" are replaced with "never" etc. Always speaking in absolutes...then being unwilling to back down on them.

As for Coach K, he may want to move on while he can still pick his successor. Or maybe he had promised somebody that they could come in by a certain date. Or maybe he really enjoyed working with the Olympic Team, I'm going to agree, there are just as many reasons why this type of move "could" happen, but I still think it is highly unlikely.

Looks like Coach Capel could have picked a really bad time to have a bad year. I don't think he would've gotten the job to begin with, but this season pretty much takes him completely out of the discussion.

I tend to agree with the guestion of why. Why would coach K want to leave something he loves. Duke basetkball is Coach K. I just don't see him leaving. I suppose he could want a new challegen but I will shocked if this happens. I am pretty sure he has had offers or feelers in the past.

I tend to agree with the guestion of why. Why would coach K want to leave something he loves. Duke basetkball is Coach K. I just don't see him leaving. I suppose he could want a new challegen but I will shocked if this happens. I am pretty sure he has had offers or feelers in the past.

I agree. He turned down the Lakers before. So the guy obviously wants to stay where he is for a while. I mean, he is Duke basketball. Bobby Bowden was never leaving florida state because he was florida state. paterno is penn state. Icons like that have it so well they have no real incentive to leave. I hope Stoops does that with OU; he's been at OU long enough that it just may be where he retires from the college game.

OU football and basketball are different they've been lucky enough to both have several great coaches. Our basketball history has Bruce Drake, Billy Tubbs, Kelvin Sampson we'll see where Jeff is on that list but he will probably end up with those 3. Bennie Owen also won a hundred games at OU in basketball. Jeff Capel should be OU's 6th 100 win coach next season. Owen 104 wins, McDermott 185, Drake 200, Tubbs 333, Kelvin 279. Capel is around 82 or 83 wins.

Back