Coach

Options

Reaction score
OU’s opportunity to take its biggest step towards the Big 12 title awaits alongside a chance for Baranczyk to establish a new standard for OU basketball’s culture.

“We’re really gonna know what people think of women’s basketball in this state on Saturday afternoon,” Baranczyk said.

Reading between the lines here. If we don't come out and support the team she will not stay here

There’s no reason to scare the crap out of all of us a day before the game!🥹🥲😢😭

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jennie is not leaving without getting a better job offer. And failure to win Saturday will temper any present demands for her services.

History all indicates the Sooners will pay what is required to keep a coach that has won championships high on their totem pole excepting Lincoln Riley. And their not paying him what it took to keep him might reasonably be seen as an indication that keeping LR was not priority #1.

Jennie is not leaving without getting a better job offer. And failure to win Saturday will temper any present demands for her services.

History all indicates the Sooners will pay what is required to keep a coach that has won championships high on their totem pole excepting Lincoln Riley. And their not paying him what it took to keep him might reasonably be seen as an indication that keeping LR was not priority #1.

I wondered if that wasn't the case with Riley.

Jennie may get her wish. The lower bowl is almost full.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 6.33.22 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 6.33.22 PM.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 13
I don't think she means those comments as some kind of implied threat to leave. I think she knows that this team deserves to have good fan support and that's what she wants for them. She also knows that good fan support helps recruiting.

I don't think she means those comments as some kind of implied threat to leave. I think she knows that this team deserves to have good fan support and that's what she wants for them. She also knows that good fan support helps recruiting.

Agree

Yes. She’s trying to boost attendance, which, frankly was abysmal given the level type of game it was. I can see a big promotional effort coming beginning late next summer.

But the tournaments outcomes will be key, and if we falter next year because of a whole new list of starters and subs, nothing OU does will boost that much if we don’t improve over this year.

The Iowa job might be hard to turn down when Lisa Bluder retires. Alma Mater, family there, etc.

2nd year going for a Big 12. Not bad. Joens and Culliiton her 1st year. Not bad. S Williams, Verhults, and Allen. Not bad recruiting after the first year. I am hoping in 2 years an SEC championship. Fans will come if they keep on winning. Coale had several great years of fan support. Hopefully, 2024 will be a great class of recruits.

I just don’t understand these negative comments.

Less than two years from the depths of being a major, consistent loser, Coach J has taken this team to the top of the Big 12, a ranking that is higher than any of us could have possibly imagined.

A trip to the Big Dance with a five or 8 seeding.

Things can always improve, unless you are South Carolina and perfect in every way, every season.

Yeah, we are going to see what Jennie has up her sleeves with an entirely new team next season.

But, I’m thinking we won’t have that big a drop-off, if any at all — especially if she picks up some solid help in the portal.

I agree with your comments, Oliver, except that I did not consider the comments to be particularly negative. I am fine, however, with Jenny's comments about needing better attendance. I was disappointed in the attendance at the KState game. It was senior night and unlike the pukes, we won.

Understandable disappointment but we need to remember OU is not a basketball school and support for both MBB and WBB is often poor. Also don't forget the Sooners lost to the whorns 45-67 in front of a reported attendance of 10,127 4 days earlier.

For many of those casual fans who were only beginning to provide their support to WBB their bubble was burst and their possible reaction was the Sooners aren't back they are just better. As a consequence I am watching KSU on the boob tube and only 3,251 made it to the game.

I see only a Big 12 tournament championship or a Sweet 16 appearance generating the momentum to give the Sooners sustained attendance at all games. But then again it may take a 3rd successful season by Jennie's Jewels to drive that attendance to where it should be. JMHO!

I totally agree. Any interest that JB was accumulating again from past fans that were thinking about returning was completely shot down by the thumping by UT, at home, in front of a packed house. The team should have played better, but instead played one decent half and then just lost steam, to a very short-handed team that just had more height and talent.

If we can somehow win the B12 tourney (i put our odds pretty low w/out Madi) and win twice in the NCAAs the people will come back, but it's kind of hard to do that when the one opportunity you have, you completely blow by getting whooped :( We did the same darn thing in round 2 of the NCAAs last season, at home, getting beat my Notre Dame by 44!!

JB has to find a way of getting athletic height (another Big like Vivi to compliment Cullition, IMO) and players that can contribute immediately next season (via portal?). It'll be tough, but if she somehow does, I believe we won't drop off, we might even be better.

Back