Colorado beats #22 Baylor

thebigabd

Reaction score
Cory Higgins got the help he needed to beat a good Baylor team... Marcus Relphorde had 17 points, Alec Burks had 16, Higgins had 18, Tomlinson had 12, and the Buffs win 78-71.

It was a close game throughout, and then CU went on a big run at around the 5 minute mark of the second half and they protected the lead the rest of the way.

Huge win for Colorado.

Colorado is a tough place to play because of the altitude. Big win for CU. Thanks for the update big.

Definitely not a surprise to me, and in my mind it's not really an "upset."

Easy game to pick, to be honest.

Big 12 road wins are going to be tough to come by this year if your jersey doesn't say Kansas or Texas...

i don't really think it's about the altitude. i've lived in Colorado and Oklahoma my entire life and never felt much diff as far as jogging or working out.

i think winning on the road has been a constant difficulty in Big 8 and Big XII play. probably the bigger factor. that and CU is improved and BU is inconsistant.

i don't really think it's about the altitude. i've lived in Colorado and Oklahoma my entire life and never felt much diff as far as jogging or working out.

i think winning on the road has been a constant difficulty in Big 8 and Big XII play. probably the bigger factor. that and CU is improved and BU is inconsistant.

I listened to an NFL handicapper talk about playing in the high altitude of Denver and his take was it is more telling in the next game after playing in the high altitude.

Baylor played pretty well... They hit 41% of their 3's, out-rebounded CU by 15, Lace had 23, etc. They turned the ball over too much but other than that they played well. CU has some new weapons this year and they are going to be tough to beat at home...

Alec Burks is gonna be an all-conference player for 4 years and he is one of the top freshman in the country... Marcus Relphorde had 24 and 5 at Texas and 17 and 7 tonight against Baylor, so he is off to a fantastic start in the Big 12. Those are two guys they didn't have last year, and one is gonna be all-freshman and the other is gonna be all-newcomer (Relphorde is a juco transfer).

Add those guys to Cory Higgins and Nate Tomlinson and you have a pretty solid young team. They would be much better if they could rebound the ball, but they are just a HORRID rebounding team.

I don't remember you saying that Saturday. Perhaps you did and I missed it.

ya so how many wins against ou in a row is that now? 1 oh ya ok.. we had 30 in a row.. nice trash talk.. :clap now go watch britney griner and feel special

Which is why less than 20% of the people in the pick-em did?
Hey I was just like Playmaker and picked them to win too so I agree it was an easy one to pick.

Oh good... we get to play another road game against a team backed into a corner... hooray.

:)

I don't remember you saying that Saturday. Perhaps you did and I missed it.

Don't tell us how great Baylor is all year and then when they lose to the worst team in the league get defensive. Sorry, no excuse in losing at Colorado.

Back