Come on Nebraska! **GAME THREAD**

thebigabd

Reaction score
Nebraska can really shoot the 3 and with Standhardinger eligible he adds a new element for the Huskers (13 and 7 in his first game at A&M) in the post. He can shoot, put the ball on the floor, and score around the rim.

Beat the Jayhawks!

Road wins in the North are going to be few and far between this year.

Road wins in the North are going to be few and far between this year.

Especially if the crowds are as strong as Nebraska's tonight. Their fans were going nuts in the first half. Very impressive.

I don't like our chances against NU. Not impossible, but they'll find a way to lock us down.

Well, it all depends on if they shoot out of their minds like they did in the first half against KU.

Aldrich's lack of foot speed is really hurting KU, as it did in the Tennessee game.

Cole needs a rugby scrum not a basketball game.

Aldrich's lack of foot speed is really hurting KU, as it did in the Tennessee game.

Cole needs a rugby scrum not a basketball game.

It's not hurting KU that badly, imo. What is really hurting KU is that Aldrich is in a serious funk offensively. He seems to have regressed from last year.

Aldrich's foot speed has nothing to do with Nebbish draining 3's all over the court.

It's not hurting KU that badly, imo. What is really hurting KU is that Aldrich is in a serious funk offensively. He seems to have regressed from last year.

Aldrich's foot speed has nothing to do with Nebbish draining 3's all over the court.
He's not that good of offensive player though, and he never has been. He has made a living getting offensive rebounds and put-backs (he's 7 feet tall) and dunks after fronts. He makes a few hooks every now and then, but his footwork is poor and outside the low percentage hook he shoots he has no high level move of note. On the plus side offensively he is a good foul shooter, although hide the women and children when he lines up.

He's not that good of offensive player though, and he never has been. He has made a living getting offensive rebounds and put-backs (he's 7 feet tall) and dunks after fronts. He makes a few hooks every now and then, but his footwork is poor and outside the low percentage hook he shoots he has no high level move of note.
Reminds me a little of Greg Ostertag.

Good lord Sloba Chamberlin looks like he's weighing in at about 280 these days

Give me Sherron Collins and 4 scrubs and I'll go to war.
Best player in the country. Heart. Warrior. Winner.

Early wakeup calls don't bear well for the rest of the conference.

He's not that good of offensive player though, and he never has been. He has made a living getting offensive rebounds and put-backs (he's 7 feet tall) and dunks after fronts. He makes a few hooks every now and then, but his footwork is poor and outside the low percentage hook he shoots he has no high level move of note. On the plus side offensively he is a good foul shooter, although hide the women and children when he lines up.

Actually, he was very effective last year with his back to the basket. As you say it wasn't always pretty but it was effective. This year it seems as if he is thinking too much, probably trying to show that he has improved or has a new set of moves rather than just powering over people. He isn't hitting even the hooks that you talked about.

I wasn't saying he was Nick Collison or anything but he was very effective around the basket last year and this year he isn't, even missing chippies.

Give me Sherron Collins and 4 scrubs and I'll go to war.
Best player in the country. Heart. Warrior. Winner.

We'll give you Kyle Hardick, Orlando Allen, T.J. Franklin and Ray Willis if you give us Sloth aka Cole, X Henry, and the Morris twins.
Fair trade?

We'll give you Kyle Hardick, Orlando Allen, T.J. Franklin and Ray Willis if you give us Sloth aka Cole, X Henry, and the Morris twins.
Fair trade?

I would but X Henry would veto that trade. Something about playing in Oklahoma. :)

Can someone fark Cole's face (scary, I know) into the thing that tried to kill "Luke" on Hoth when he got stranded in the Empire Strikes Back?

Last edited:
Back