Controlling the team

Navy2004

Reaction score
I realize that most of our players are young but, you have to adjust to there talents. These kids can get up and down the floor. Let them!! It seems like it is walk the ball up and set it up. Can't see it that way. WW, TMG , Pledge, Crock these guys can run the offense better with up tempo. There is no way that San Diego has more talent than we have. If you want to show a controlled game then set them down on the bench until there ready to play the way you want. Defense will be fine but, when you have a offense that stinks up the place then get rid of it.....My opinion

Tempo starts with defense. As a general rule you break off a missed shot with a quick outlet pass.

Capel says he wants to play up tempo. I don't really think he is holding the guys back, I just don't think they are executing.

I haven't got to watch the last 2 games and I guess I am glad I did? I do not think Tiny could even contribute if we played fast. Could he? What other post players could handle that ?

Until these kids get it you have to get the ball inbounds and role. They are walking the ball up and allowing teams to press us. Hope something kicks in, these is not what I was looking for...

Back