Could we possibly only have 1 more scholarship left to award?

seniorsooner

Reaction score
Let's assume everybody is coming back - Willie, Willis, Hardrick, Orlando, Tiny, the whole shebang. And let's assume Honore will be on scholarship, as some have alluded to. That gives us a roster of:

TMG
WW
Cade
Tiny
Pledger
Fitzgerald
Cam
TJ
Willis
Orlando
Hardrick
Honore

By my count that's 12.

LOL. Nicely done.

Personally I feel if Honore is on scholarship next year that is a bad, bad sign for us. Just my opinion.

If honore gets a schollie we are completely stupid

Everything I have found on the 'net about Honore tonight indicates he will be a walk-on, but I have seen several people on here indicate there is a real possibility he will get a schoarship. Not sure what to think about him at this point.

I believe the Honore stuff is just speculation by many. I think shortly after he transferred Capel mentioned he was a lot better than they originally thought and assumed if he kept working hard and getting in better shape he would end up on scholarship. Of course most of that talk originated before this season imploded and the need for new players was so apparent. Add in the rumors of him being kicked off the team and having to earn his was back I find it really doubtful that Barry will be on scholarship anymore.

I've heard Honore is going to be a walk on as well. He will have to earn that scholly.

I dont see honore being on scholorship, nor do I see willie coming back...that leaves us with 3 schollies left to give out

I like Capel but if he has Allen, Hardrick and Honore on scholarship at the same time, then he is having some serious problems. With that talent evaluation, would expect him to head to the Huff to find some guard play.

Based on who we are recruiting, I still say somebody gets run off.

I dont dissagree with you...but at times I feel capel has no idea who we are getting either....so he has to recruit multiple guys and hope 3 sign...
So far here is the list I know we are recruiting

7 footer
poland
golf
ross
jones

Am I missing someone? If we can sign two of the guys listed above that will make for a strong class in my opinion

Goff and Poland both seem likely to reclassify as 2011 kids from all that I have heard so I do not think they are going to be apart of this years class.

I dont dissagree with you...but at times I feel capel has no idea who we are getting either....so he has to recruit multiple guys and hope 3 sign...
So far here is the list I know we are recruiting

7 footer
poland
golf
ross
jones

Am I missing someone? If we can sign two of the guys listed above that will make for a strong class in my opinion

In Capel's defense, this is common in every program. You have needs on your team, and usually are recruiting numerous guys at any one time based on that particular need.

Everything I have found on the 'net about Honore tonight indicates he will be a walk-on, but I have seen several people on here indicate there is a real possibility he will get a schoarship. Not sure what to think about him at this point.

But then again, half of the people here think Gerber is a scholarship player lol.. Some guy called him a bust the other day lmao

Back