Couple questions in regards to Iowa state loss

I think Kruger calls timeouts before the final free throw so the defense can't get set. He wants to inbound the ball quickly or get the rebound, push the ball up the floor, and get the defense scrambling.

I think Kruger calls timeouts before the final free throw so the defense can't get set. He wants to inbound the ball quickly or get the rebound, push the ball up the floor, and get the defense scrambling.

This is correct.
Plus, it helps ice the FT shooter. It's a good strategy.

I actually liked it that we inbounded on the other end - simply because we had plenty of time to do it. I'd much rather see Woodard try to create something off the drive and he has a much better opportunity to do that when he is moving quickly from the other end. Simple physics.

I do agree that Woodard tried to shoot too much in the trees last night instead of dishing or dribbling through when it wasn't there. However, I like the call on the last play. Much better than trying to get a good look in our half court offense.

I agree and I think this is, most often, the right strategy.

I'll add also that, since the FT shooter missed the 1st FT, Kruger knew at that point that we wouldn't need a 3. He could draw up what he wanted with a 2 being an option. He could call the TO there without having to call 2 plays, 1 if we were down 2 and 1 if we were down 3.

Back