Davis played 7 minutes scored 1 point

buttermaker1

Reaction score
Well Folks looks like Davis is going to struggle for minutes as long as Pledger plays D and shoots lights out.

He'll get minutes. Not as many as pledger, but about the same as last year.

Willis and Davis really didn't play a lot.

He'll get minutes. Not as many as pledger, but about the same as last year.

TMG is going to play 35, WW 35, Pledger and Crocker will split SF minutes. Willis is also a year older and in the mix. Just don't see him getting minutes, Capel has increased the talent level.

The great news is we have more bodies with more talented depth in the back court. Last year Cade was the first guy off the bench.

TMG is probably not going to average 35 minutes this year. Cade will get 10 minutes or so, depends on how well Pledger continues to play and Crocker as well. He is still ahead of Willis as of now.

Don't fret, he will be a nice role player this year. Bench depth is a good thing. It's a little used word fret isn't it......

I think Cade will have more games like the exhibition this year and less like this one.

I'm just surprised in the blowout that Davis, Willis and Allen didn't play more. We need to develop those guys to have a quality bench. I think in a 25 point win they should play more than a combined 23 minutes. Just my opinion.

It was a little odd that Cade didn't play more but anyone with a brain can see Pledger is in another class. He is the real deal. Sure he is not going to shoot 8 of 9 every game, but all I needed to see was him on the court for 5 minutes and I was more impressed with him than I ever have been with Davis and definitely Willis. Same with Fitzgerald over Ryan Wright. Fitz will be starting for him very soon. He is much better already on the offensive end and there is really no drop off defensively as quite honestly Wright was just lazy at times on D yesterday.

The game was not as much of a blow out as it seemed on paper. It was close most of the first half until the line up of four freshmen and WW got a run going, then they came back and cut it to 5, then the youngsters helped push the lead back up again. So I think at that point Capel was going with the young line up because they deserved the minutes and he was not going to give Cade mop up minutes because he knows what he can do.

Cade will have some nice games this year, hopefully more than the previous 2 years, but there is no question in my mind the top 6 on this team are the 4 freshmen, WW and TC. Wright and Cade will become the 7th and 8th men with others getting occasional minutes.

I was surprised that Capel went with Willis ahead of Davis. Davis is going to get basically no playing time if Willis continues to be ahead of him in the rotation.

I was surprised that Capel went with Willis ahead of Davis. Davis is going to get basically no playing time if Willis continues to be ahead of him in the rotation.

Willis played about as much as Davis. They just gave Willis extra minutes the last 3 minutes when the game was a complete blowout. Before that I bet Davis played more. I don't think we'll see much of Davis or Willis in close games.

It seems like Capel really thinks about match-ups. Perhaps that was the reason.

I'm just surprised in the blowout that Davis, Willis and Allen didn't play more. We need to develop those guys to have a quality bench. I think in a 25 point win they should play more than a combined 23 minutes. Just my opinion.

The game was close until about 5 minutes or so left in the first half. OU pushed their lead to double digits before the half with the freshmen on the court. When Cade was in the MSM guards dribbled by him as though he was wearing cement Jordans. If Cade isn't going to play defense then he won't be a big contributor. If anyone wants to earn some minutes playing some great D would be my first suggestion! I think we will see more from Orlando as the season moves forward in most part due to the lack of big bodies. In the case of Ray and Cade they may have already been recruited over.

I agree. When bench players want time they need to play defense, rebound, get loose balls, and not make mistakes. Those little things will get a guy minutes. Hitting your open shots and having good shot selection are nice things too but I honestly think the bulk of coaches would prefer to see the little things. A guy that can make a difference without scoring is a big help.

One observation...maybe Coach is trying to get the freshmen (and Willis who played very little last year) as much early-season experience as he can. I think he knows what to expect from Allen and Davis (good and bad). Maybe?

Capel didnt go with Willis ahead of Cade. Willis was on the floor at the end during "scrub time". Willis scored his point during garbage time again.

Cade is in-between. He's not a starter and he not in with the walk-on's.

Davis just needs to make the most of his minutes when he gets them. He needs to be consistent in what he does. And that needs to be playing defense, rebounding, making the right passes, and occassionaly doing something on offense.

Cade would be getting 20-25 minutes per game at Tulsa.

TU used to land guys like Keiton Page, Rotnei Clarke, Cade Davis, and Nick Sidorakis. AAU basketball has given these types of players the opportunity to be seen by other schools, which sucks for TU.

Back