Disney, Fox and Sooner Sports TV: A Sad Tale

skyvue

Reaction score
Disney bought some chunk of Fox earlier this year, and because Disney owns ESPN, it was decreed that they had to divest themselves of their regional sports networks (read: Fox College Sports), so they sold them to, I think, Sinclair Broadcasting.

And, in a decision that's somehow related to the above, Spectrum, my cable provide, dropped all the Fox College Sports stations 10 days ago, which means that I can't watch all the SoonerSports.TV programs (the Huddle, Sooner Sports Talk, etc.).

That's bad enough, but it also means I lose access to a number of our basketball games this season that are scheduled to air on FSOK. And when I looked into possibly subscribing to SoonerSports.tv, I learned that they are currently not available on Roku (I have no idea why; they used to be), so if I want to subscribe to SSTV, I have to either watch it on my computer (not going to happen) or buy a Fire TV Stick for $50 (plus the $10 a month for SSTV).

I wrote to a couple of folks in the athletic department and they were polite and apologetic, but they didn't really explain what the issue is or when it will be solved (not terribly soon, I assume, since they were vague in discussing the matter).

Media conglomeration is not a good thing, on so many levels.

True AF on last sentence. One of the things most wrong with current society

Get Youtube TV. Probably cheaper than Spectrum and I haven't missed a beat from satellite. Its awesome.

Get Youtube TV. Probably cheaper than Spectrum and I haven't missed a beat from satellite. Its awesome.

Internet access is so expensive here in NYC, I'd save next to nothing by cutting the cord.

That's another problem: Internet access, at this point, should be a utility, like electricity or water. We shouldn't be at the mercy of giant corporations for something that's so vital to modern life.

My package on direct tv lost FSOK as well. I hate it. Wish you could hand select the stations you want and each of them have their own price.

Have you tried The Fox Sports app or Fox Sports Go? I watch the games on the app through my Amazon Fire Stick or my phone when I'm on the go.

Have you tried The Fox Sports app or Fox Sports Go? I watch the games on the app through my Amazon Fire Stick or my phone when I'm on the go.

I'll give it a try, but my understanding is that the regional college sports stations are now owned by Sinclair, so it's not likely their games will be on the Fox apps.

I'll give it a try, but my understanding is that the regional college sports stations are now owned by Sinclair, so it's not likely their games will be on the Fox apps.

Fox sports go Was sold along with the FSN regionals

Fox sports app is now just for fox fs1 fs2

Really the best way. If you are out of market. Is to find a friend somewhere that will share their password. Even if you have to give them 5 bucks a month

Also I don’t think soonersports.tv sub will let you watch the fsn games live

Fox sports go Was sold along with the FSN regionals

Fox sports app is now just for fox fs1 fs2

Really the best way. If you are out of market. Is to find a friend somewhere that will share their password. Even if you have to give them 5 bucks a month

You can hardwire the computer to the tv via hdmi cable (you don't have to cast).

Internet access is so expensive here in NYC, I'd save next to nothing by cutting the cord.

That's another problem: Internet access, at this point, should be a utility, like electricity or water. We shouldn't be at the mercy of giant corporations for something that's so vital to modern life.

I completely agree. Internet access should be a utility and regulated as such. We shouldn’t be held hostage by greedy corporations taking advantage of hard working consumers. When you think about how vital and foundational internet acces has become in all aspects of American life, business, commerce, public safety, it should absolutely be a utility.

I figured as much, but I used to have to watch a replay of some games a few hours later or the next day, even when I had the regional channels. So being able to watch a replay on SSTV is about the best I can do right now.

A co-worker is giving me her old Fire Stick. It's not 4K, but if it works, even with a low-res image, I'll be good to go.

I have Dish here in OKC and have lost the Fox Oklahoma station. No Sooner or Thunder games on it for me this winter.

Also I was out of town last weekend and unable to watch OU play. I tried to listen live on several apps but despite carrying 107.7 it was blocked on all of them. I went to Soonersports.com and chose listen live. Of course I could listen if I paid $10.00 a month for whatever website/app they use. I chose not to listen to the game and it was good for my health and pocket book!

I have Dish here in OKC and have lost the Fox Oklahoma station. No Sooner or Thunder games on it for me this winter.

Also I was out of town last weekend and unable to watch OU play. I tried to listen live on several apps but despite carrying 107.7 it was blocked on all of them. I went to Soonersports.com and chose listen live. Of course I could listen if I paid $10.00 a month for whatever website/app they use. I chose not to listen to the game and it was good for my health and pocket book!

You can always listen via the Tunein app. I listen to the Sooner radio broadcast of every football and basketball game that way. It's a free download and you don't have to upgrade to the paid version to listen to our games.

You can always listen via the Tunein app. I listen to the Sooner radio broadcast of every football and basketball game that way. It's a free download and you don't have to upgrade to the paid version to listen to our games.

Yes this is a great app. Wichita has a local station that carries the football games and most the basketball games, but not all. I use the app frequently and love it. The only time I haven't been able to listen to a basketball game is when they play at the same time as the football team, which will be the case on November 9. Obviously I watch the games on TV but like listening to the pregame and postgame on radio.

Obviously I watch the games on TV but like listening to the pregame and postgame on radio.

I much prefer the OU announcers to the TV announcers, so I sync the radio broadcast with the TV broadcast. If the game goes well and I want to rewatch my DVR recording of it, then I listen to the TV guys.

I have the tunein app because I also don’t get a lot of the games. The only thing I hate (and this is my fault) is that it is usually way behind other broadcasts and the game thread. I could stay off the other sites and just listen and be happier. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the tunein app because I also don’t get a lot of the games. The only thing I hate (and this is my fault) is that it is usually way behind other broadcasts and the game thread. I could stay off the other sites and just listen and be happier. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm usually a couple of plays behind, so I mostly avoid game threads. But my friend texts me during the game and thanks to his proclamations of Dammit! or Yes!, I too often know what's coming (I've told him I'm two plays behind, but he can't contain himself, it seems).

Back