Don't look now, but......

IndySooner

Reaction score
Colorado is no pushover. Gave Gonzaga all they could handle. Now giving Arizona all they can handle.

I just talked to my boy AZ.

Doron Lamb and Calvin are VERYYY aware of the struggles of Arizona.

Arizona is officially OUT on Doron Lamb.

Arizona is in MAJOR trouble and Miller has A LOT of work to do.

With the embarrassment of losing McCallone, Jones, and now Lamb, Arizona will have to recover.

Miller will be working LATE into the night trying to get some 2 star jucos to fill his class.

Wise just buried Colorado with a couple of straight 3's.....

Zona up 2 with 24 seconds left and the ball.

8-0 for Colorado in the last 40 seconds to force overtime.... Zona has guys all over the place in foul trouble.

This would be another heartbreaker for CU if they lose it.

A bigabd meltdown or JesseW meltdown, which would be funnier?

Ahh go Buffs.

We alway struggle @ colorado. I doubt that changes this year. However, I'll have to see a bit more than this to make me a beliver. Wait till Tunks comes along.

Colorado had 10 minutes to get Wise out of the game and they couldnt put another foul on him... it cost them the game.

Man, two heartbreakers for Colorado... They could have won both games, and were right there till the end. I really dont think Colorado is the 7th best team in this tournament....

Arizona went 14-24 from the 3pt line and only turned the ball over 3 times after halftime and was fortunate to win.

The wide-open 3 miss from Dufault and not getting points on the steal by Hornbuckle cost CU the game in OT.....

A good tournament for Colorado... They showed they are a legit team. They were in a position to win both games and lost both at the very end.

This was the first time I've seen Burks play for Colorado, and I only saw overtime. I know he finished with 19 and 6... but I expected to see more.

For one thing, he's nowhere near the 6-6 they claim he is. He supposedly grew a couple inches after showing up at CU, but it looked pretty clear to me that he was bigger than 12 but shorter than 44 for Arizona (5-11 and 6-6). No way he's 6-6. More like 6-4, at best.

Second... there were several times just in overtime when he was playing defense on his man with his back to the ball. Maybe it was an anomaly, but it really stuck out to me over the time I watched him.

Colorado definitely seems better than last year, but I still don't think they have enough talent or depth to really do much in the conference.

They need to keep it out of that Aussie pg's hands at the end of games. He made two critical mistakes at the end of the last two games. Just let Higgins have the ball....

What did my man Tunks do today?

Whats your deal with Tunks? Bzdelik said before the season started that he wasnt ready just yet. He needs to get stronger and learn the system, but he will have a good career at CU.

He had 3 points, 2 rebounds, 1 block, 1 assist, 1 steal in 11 minutes off the bench today.. Not much of an impact, but he played ok off the bench.

but I expected to see more.

As a Mizzou fan, you would say that... He has had double figures in every game, is easily 6'6'' (he is taller than Higgins who is 6'5''), and he has put himself on the free throw line 41 times already this season. He can attack the rim and teams are putting him on the line nearly 10 times a game, lol...

I don't know what else you expect out of him... He averages 17 points and 4 rebounds per game. Whats he supposed to do? Average 30 and 10?

They need to keep it out of that Aussie pg's hands at the end of games. He made two critical mistakes at the end of the last two games. Just let Higgins have the ball....

The Aussie played really well today, but yes, he made two major errors at the end of both games.

North teams are looking stronger than expected in the early going.

No way in hell Burks is 6-6.

And like I said, what I expected was to see a player who looked like he had a clue on the defensive end... which he did not. I know he gets to the line a lot. He's obviously got some talent. But, as I've said on here consistently, there's a reason Anderson passed on him. Burks has said himself that Mizzou (and others) recruited him, but didn't go after him hard because he was "lazy." And the defense I saw out of him would definitely fall into that category.

Back