Effort, Fight and Pride

Sam

Reaction score
Say what you want to about our poor defense, stagnate offense and the multitude of other issues about this team but effort is not something that can be complained about. Yes this team had some low basketball IQ with many of the mistakes they made but it was not from a lack of want to. They battled tonight, with a short bench and kept on trying even though they would shoot themselves in the foot.

This was a frustrating game but near as frustrating as other losses based on the attitude they showed late. Yes there were many defensive breakdowns and some other just what the hell moments but it wasn't cause of effort. In the past they have rolled over and given up but tonight they kept on pushing and fighting.

Anybody else notice Willie directing the press and busting his butt late in the game?

Tony and Cade played their guts out like always.

TMG was struggling with the pressure and the altitude but he kept on pushing even though once again he played close to the full 40 minutes.

This team hasn't given up yet, I like that about them. Not much to like about this season but at least this team is still battling. Got to find something to hang my hat on after another tough tough loss. I hope they continuing on fighting the rest of the season.

The true test will be how much fire we show in these last three home games.

Sad as it is to say, I too found some good things in this LOSS TO COLORADO!

I agree with the sentiment of your post; I really hope that these young guys hate losing as much as I do(Im sure they hate it worse than me) and bust their collective tales during the offseason, so they can make all these teams that have beat us this season pay for it in the future.

I agree with this post. I thought we might see a team that was going to put its tail between its legs and go home. But, at least we're playing hard. Tiny came out with his best defensive effort in awhile. Willie was trying hard. Everyone looked like they cared. That's at least a plus. A plus out of quite a few minuses (not necessarily this game, though there were a few, but out of the whole season, where there have been plenty).

Sadly, I dissent with the original poster. The team played hard for about 34 minutes, but there were some major lapses in the game (ie not hustling back on fastbreak defense) that cost us the game. 16 fastbreak pts (at least) is wayyyy too much.

Boomer

I'm just glad they didn't let the 15 point deficit balloon to 25+ like against Baylor, OSU...

Sadly, I dissent with the original poster. The team played hard for about 34 minutes, but there were some major lapses in the game (ie not hustling back on fastbreak defense) that cost us the game. 16 fastbreak pts (at least) is wayyyy too much.

Boomer
I think the fastbreak points were a fundamental breakdown and great coaching job by CU more than effort. CU recognized a glaring weakness and they took advantage of it and we lack the IQ and team chemistry to handle the pressure of that. We never adjusted to the fast pace of CU and that falls more on basketball IQ and coaching then it does on effort. Even when the players were getting back on defense they just had no cohesion together. Just like on defense, the guys were trying they just don't how to play defense together as a team, especially zone.

Back