Everyone still confident we'll land Cameron Clark

Sooner23

Reaction score
Seems like just about all of the big boys have offered or are going to offer. Has anyone ready any quotes from Clark talking about if he's planning to sign in the early period?

Re: Everyone still confidence we'll land Cameron Clark

Seems like just about all of the big boys have offered or are going to offer. Has anyone ready any quotes from Clark talking about if he's planning to sign in the early period?

Hopefully TJ Taylor can make it happen. :)

He'll sign in the early signing period, but the fact that his list is growing makes you a little less confident. I still think OU is in the best position. Rivals keeps mentioning Kentucky and Kansas, but that's really a case of Rivals dramatizing the UK vs. KU recruiting rivalry that will happen over the next few years, IMO. Kentucky will likely get Barton or CJ Leslie. I fear UNC because they aren't really in on alot of high profile guys at the wing.

He'll sign in the early signing period, but the fact that his list is growing makes you a little less confident. I still think OU is in the best position. Rivals keeps mentioning Kentucky and Kansas, but that's really a case of Rivals dramatizing the UK vs. KU recruiting rivalry that will happen over the next few years, IMO. Kentucky will likely get Barton or CJ Leslie. I fear UNC because they aren't really in on alot of high profile guys at the wing.

Everything I've read on Phog says that OU is likely the leader but he is is still pretty open. TJ Taylor is definitely doing his job for OU from what I've heard. I think OU has a great shot because they will have a terrific young team with an instant starting position, imo. Whereas at KU he won't know if Henry will be back or not and at UK who knows who they are bringing in. It seems that OU is the best of all worlds for Clark.

I have not heard anything to make me feel less confident. I am really not sure how much T.J. is going to help. It is very rare that "package deals" happen in college basketball. I don't think by any means that he will hurt, but Cam is going to make his own decision.

OU has the distance factor and immediate playing (two things that KU, UNC, and UK can't compare with).

I still think we land him, but he may decide to drag the thing out for awhile. I bet he decides in the fall.

Everything I've read on Phog says that OU is likely the leader but he is is still pretty open. TJ Taylor is definitely doing his job for OU from what I've heard. I think OU has a great shot because they will have a terrific young team with an instant starting position, imo. Whereas at KU he won't know if Henry will be back or not and at UK who knows who they are bringing in. It seems that OU is the best of all worlds for Clark.

I think the Henry factor will hinder KU in the Clark recruiting battle. I truly think Henry is a two year player, by choice. I think Kentucky got in too late and Kentucky is in on about 5 similar wings. The thing about Clark is everytime he does an interview he adds an offer. He's added first Kansas, then Texas, now UK, also UCLA, next UNC.

I think its just like it is 90% of the time: We don't really know. Looking at everything (visits, relationships, situation, interviews) OU comes out looking like the leader. But who really knows? It looks like OU is the leader with him and with Pressey, but can you imagine actually getting all three guys?

Capel will get guys in here. If its not Clark, it will be someone else...

Right now there's nothing to be worried about. I have relatives in Sherman that know Cam. Their guess it that he will stay close to home. So, I think we're in pretty good shape. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Right now there's nothing to be worried about. I have relatives in Sherman that know Cam. Their guess it that he will stay close to home. So, I think we're in pretty good shape. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Thanks FF. It would be great if they could attend a game or two this fall/winter and give us a report on his game ala KCOUKid reporting on TMG.

Elmo,

I don't feel we lead on Phil Pressey at all. I am much more confident with Cam. It is going to be difficult to convince another small PG to come play behind TMG for three years. A guy like McCallum that can play some combo guard would be much more likely to come to OU. TMG and Phil on the court at the same time kinda scares me.

Elmo,

I don't feel we lead on Phil Pressey at all. I am much more confident with Cam. It is going to be difficult to convince another small PG to come play behind TMG for three years. A guy like McCallum that can play some combo guard would be much more likely to come to OU. TMG and Phil on the court at the same time kinda scares me.

I hear you, but I think some of us are assuming a little bit too much about TMG being a four year player because of his size. I agree his size will be working against him, but right now the league has Chris Paul, Nate Robinson, TJ Ford, Aaron Brooks, DJ Augustine, and Jose Juan Barea playing really well 6' and under. Then when you look at this draft class you add guys like Jonny Flynn, Ty Lawson and Patty Mills and there are three early entries that are 6' or shorter. I think the league is moving to more small-ball, and shorter guys are going to be getting a fair shake. I don't think we can assume that TMG is a 4 year guy.

All that said, I see your point about Pressey wondering about his pt at OU.

I think its just like it is 90% of the time: We don't really know. Looking at everything (visits, relationships, situation, interviews) OU comes out looking like the leader. But who really knows? It looks like OU is the leader with him and with Pressey, but can you imagine actually getting all three guys?

Capel will get guys in here. If its not Clark, it will be someone else...

That's how I am. I don't assume or expect ANYTHING in recruiting any more. Like you said Capel is going to bring in players...that's a given.

If you look at most of Pressey's list, he's going to have pt competition at all of those schools. Florida has two stud PGs, Baylor has three PGs, Mizzou has three as well. TMG may be the least of all the competition he has.

I hear you, but I think some of us are assuming a little bit too much about TMG being a four year player because of his size. I agree his size will be working against him, but right now the league has Chris Paul, Nate Robinson, TJ Ford, Aaron Brooks, DJ Augustine, and Jose Juan Barea playing really well 6' and under. Then when you look at this draft class you add guys like Jonny Flynn, Ty Lawson and Patty Mills and there are three early entries that are 6' or shorter. I think the league is moving to more small-ball, and shorter guys are going to be getting a fair shake. I don't think we can assume that TMG is a 4 year guy.

The only one TMG is similar to on that list is JJ Barea. How many years did he play?

Back