Former VCU big to Texas Tech

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
Texas Tech’s outlook for next season is brighter now with the addition of former VCU big man, Marcus Santos-Silva. Beard will also have plenty of options in 2020-21, with starting guards Davide Moretti and Kyler Edwards returning, five-star guard Nimari Burnett entering the fold, UNLV transfer Joel Ntambwe becoming eligible after sitting out last season, and versatile forward Terrence Shannon also coming back.

Beard is a good coach. But, how does he continue to reload every year with transfers like Santos-Silva?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...va-as-chris-beard-reloads-red-raiders-roster/

Beard is a helluva coach and with his recruiting on the uptick, I wouldn't expect much dropoff anytime soon. I hope that he moves onto greener pastures at his first opportunity.

Beard is a helluva coach and with his recruiting on the uptick, I wouldn't expect much dropoff anytime soon. I hope that he moves onto greener pastures at his first opportunity.

Why do we hope OU opponents suck, rather than hoping OU steps their game up? Is it because it is easier to believe that our opponents will suck than OU will improve to their level? If TTU can make a championship game, there is no reason OU shouldn't be able to (but the Kruger lovers on here will bash me, so bash away).

Sure wish we could reload like he does and compete for conference titles like he does. Oh well.

Cue the sunshine pumpers.

Sure wish we could reload like he does and compete for conference titles like he does. Oh well.

We finished ahead of that amazing coach's team last year, and we too have transfers coming in (and our guys won't be one-and-done).

Is that sunshine pumping?

Right? HAHA

Remember, we're just OU, a football school. Shame on you for thinking we could ever recruit like Texas Tech! SMH

We finished ahead of that amazing coach's team last year, and we too have transfers coming in (and our guys won't be one-and-done).

Is that sunshine pumping?

*tied

Why do we hope OU opponents suck, rather than hoping OU steps their game up? Is it because it is easier to believe that our opponents will suck than OU will improve to their level? If TTU can make a championship game, there is no reason OU shouldn't be able to (but the Kruger lovers on here will bash me, so bash away).

Hyperbole much? I never said I hope our opponents suck nor did I imply that OU shouldn't step up their game. Rather I just stated that Beard is building something pretty damn good out on the Texas plains. I'm not afraid of Tech by any means, but if he were to choose to move on....it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Back