Found some news on Terrence Ross

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just found this from the Seattle Times:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskymensbasketballblog/2011586623_terrence_ross_s.html

Terrence Ross Says He's Visiting Washington and Others

Posted by Percy Allen

IMG00035-20100410-2149-1.jpg

Jefferson High (Portland, Ore.) standout Terrence Ross (left) said he plans to visit in order Kentucky, Oklahoma and Washington before choosing a college.

Ross wasn't sure when he'd make the visits, but intends to sign a scholarship during the regular signing period, which begins Wednesday and ends May 19.

Ross visited Maryland, however, the Terrapins are not among his top five choices. His list includes: UW, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Oregon and Kansas.

Ross, a 6-6, 175-pound SG/SF, did not play his senior season. He began the school year at Rockville (Md.) Montrose, but is back at Jefferson.

It's been speculated he may attend a prep school next season, but Ross said he'll be eligible to play in college.

6-6, 175?? he may make AJ and K Durant look like fatties...:):)

Isn't Ross real question for actually qualifying and may need to reclassify 2011?

Aren't Ross and T. Jones a package deal? That would make the sting of the last few weeks hurt a little less...

hurt less ? if we landed both those guys it would be the single greatest recruiting class OU has ever had by a huge margin. But honestly guys theyre probably not coming here, if they both dont end up with dirty cal along with Knight it will be a huge upset.

Aren't Ross and T. Jones a package deal? That would make the sting of the last few weeks hurt a little less...
Package deals are overrated, they're friends and it wouldn't be surprising if they end up playing together but I don't think they're making their decisions based on just what the other one does.

Package deals rarely ever materialize. Location, system, coach, playing time and comfort level generally rank ahead of playing with a friend. If all else is equal it could be the deciding factor.

Package deals rarely ever materialize. Location, system, coach, playing time and comfort level generally rank ahead of playing with a friend. If all else is equal it could be the deciding factor.

I was going to say the same thing.

Fans put way too much into possible package deals. Sometimes they do work out (especially with brothers... Plumlees at Duke, Wears at UNC, Presseys at Mizzou, Griffins at OU, etc), but more often than not the fans take it way too seriously.

Warren and Clarke...

I got a feeling that Ross and Jones are going to drag this thing out until May.

Warren and Clarke...

I got a feeling that Ross and Jones are going to drag this thing out until May.

There's a quote from Jones out there that he will announce on ether April 23 or April 30. Bet on the 30th, which means we've got awhile to wait

Griffin and Griffin

:clap

I always laugh when people fail to give Jeff credit for recruiting Blake "because he was coming here anyway". Anyone who was paying attention at the time will remember there were rumors of Taylor transferring and Blake didn't seem like he was headed here under the old regime.

Blake has been asked a half a dozen times if he was going to OU before Capel came here and not once has he said that he would have. He has class, otherwise he would have just said "h-ll no" because it's pretty obvious that he would have been at Kansas or Michigan State if Capel had not come in and sold Taylor and the gang on staying at OU.

Taylor was going to leave because of sampson. Many people don't realize it, but Capel sort of had to recruit Taylor to stay here and Blake to come here period. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Back