Fran got me pumped up

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Per Twitter:

What's the best individual matchup of the season in college hoops? Mine: Texas' defensive whiz, Avery Bradley vs. Oklahoma's Willie Warren.

That is going to be a great matchup. I also like Willie's chances.

Per Twitter:

That is going to be a great matchup. I also like Willie's chances.

This will be a fun year to watch WWIII in the Big 12. So many good matchups! But I would peg this as possibly the best. Collins would be a close 2nd, maybe?

MATCHUP OF THE YEAR
BOULDER, CO
Wednesday, February 17th
8pm Central Time

SSFYOTWABBHHQXL.20090310172349.jpg

Cory Higgins (6'5'' 190)
----Averaged 17.4 points, 5.4 rebounds, 2.5 assists, and 1.9 steals per game
-All-Big 12 Conference third team selection
-One of 13 nationally ranked first or second on their team in the five major statistical categories (points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks) and only sophomore nationally on that list
-Led Big 12 in steals
-Scored a career high 34 points vs. Texas

vs.

willie-warren.jpg

Willie Warren (6'4'' 203)
----Averaged 14.6 points, 2.2 rebounds, 3.1 assists, and 1.1 steals
-Big 12 Freshman of the Year
-second-team All-Big 12 selection
-first-team freshman All-American
-Named national freshman of the year by Athlon Sports
-Scored a career high 35 points vs. Arkansas

Last edited:
In terms of enjoyable matchup I think KU will be great because WW played so well last year and he and Sherron enjoyed some trash talk.

I think Avery Bradley is a terrific defender but WW is a major step up in comp. There isn't anyone who can shut WW down in the Big 12 or the country, your best hope is just to force him to take tough shots and make him work for it.

In terms of enjoyable matchup I think KU will be great because WW played so well last year and he and Sherron enjoyed some trash talk.

I think Avery Bradley is a terrific defender but WW is a major step up in comp. There isn't anyone who can shut WW down in the Big 12 or the country, your best hope is just to force him to take tough shots and make him work for it.

I don't think OU is within 10pts of KU at Lawrence.

With the show that WW and Sherron put on last year that's the most exciting matchup to me this coming year. That was unbelievable last year.

I'm looking forward to the Sidorakis-Davis showdown, personally.

Haha, ya gotta appreciate the ABD hype machine...

For me, the fact that OU plays Texas twice in the season and the natural OU/Texas rivalry makes the Avery Bradley and WW matchup slightly more intriguing to me than with KU and Collins... Just my opinion.

With the show that WW and Sherron put on last year that's the most exciting matchup to me this coming year. That was unbelievable last year.

Warren had 5 points in 31 minutes against Higgins in Norman last year, while Higgins was 9-18 from the field and went for 20. Luckily for OU, Crocker hit 7 three's and OU hung on to win by 5. CU was within 3 in the final minute.

Its a huge matchup in Boulder this year. Higgins and Warren is going to be a show. Screw Collins and Bradley.

Oh, and I will be there to watch IN PERSON.

Top individual match-ups that I am looking foward to in Big 12 play:

WW vs. Avery Bradley
WW vs. Sherron Collins (even though it may be TMG vs Collins)
Tiny Gallon vs. Big Dex
Tiny Gallon vs. Kansas bigs
Tony Crocker vs. James Anderson
WW vs. Higgins
Tiny Gallon vs. Brackins
TMG vs Ray Penn
WW vs Lace Dunn

Lots of great match-ups to watch for....

Top individual match-ups that I am looking foward to in Big 12 play:

WW vs. Avery Bradley
WW vs. Sherron Collins (even though it may be TMG vs Collins)
Tiny Gallon vs. Big Dex
Tiny Gallon vs. Kansas bigs
Tony Crocker vs. James Anderson
WW vs. Higgins
Tiny Gallon vs. Brackins
TMG vs Ray Penn
WW vs Lace Dunn

Lots of great match-ups to watch for....

My tops for the Big 12 are,

WW vs. Cory Higgins
WW vs. Lace Dunn
Gallon vs. Mike Singletary
Gallon vs. Brackins
WW vs. Kim English
WW vs. Jacob Pullen
Crocker vs. Marquis Gilstrap
Gallon vs. Wally Judge
Wright vs. Ekpe Udoh
Jeff Capel vs. Jeff Bzdelik
Jeff Capel vs. Mike Anderson
Jeff Capel vs. Frank Martin
Jeff Capel vs. Pat Knight

My tops for the Big 12 are,

WW vs. Cory Higgins
WW vs. Lace Dunn
Gallon vs. Mike Singletary
Gallon vs. Brackins
WW vs. Kim English
WW vs. Jacob Pullen
Crocker vs. Marquis Gilstrap
Gallon vs. Wally Judge
Wright vs. Ekpe Udoh
Jeff Capel vs. Jeff Bzdelik

Who you pulling for in this one?

i refuse to believe it takes a tweet from fran to get BT pumped up about anything regarding OU basketball.

for sure bradley will have a great view of :airwillie from behind though.

I don't think OU is within 10pts of KU at Lawrence.

Seriously? I don't get comments like this. Even saying both teams are completely healthy, how can you say a team with three McDAAs, on of which will be in the running for national player of the year, is not even within 10 points of another team. That makes no sense. Also, it is 5 v. 5. I don't care how deep KU's bench is. You only get to put five guys out there at a time. I think our best 5 can play with KU's best five.

Seriously? I don't get comments like this. Even saying both teams are completely healthy, how can you say a team with three McDAAs, on of which will be in the running for national player of the year, is not even within 10 points of another team. That makes no sense. Also, it is 5 v. 5. I don't care how deep KU's bench is. You only get to put five guys out there at a time. I think our best 5 can play with KU's best five.

I don't know man. KU will be awfully tough this year. I would be pleased if we played within single digits against them this year.

Add in foul trouble, fatigue and road atmosphere and KU has a huge edge over us. If Willie, TMG and Tony were just killing it from deep along with Cade and/or Steve then we might win, key word is might. Because as much as I hate them KU is stacked this year.

Back