Girls High School Roundup

bluesooner17

Reaction score
I found one story:

Franks leads Norman to upset of Edmond Memorial

NORMAN — Two years away from the court due to ACL surgeries and everything remains the same for Bethany Franks.

A budding star as a freshman, she’s ready to show she can still be that player as a 5-foot-10 senior.

Tuesday night, she posted a double-double in No. 11 Norman’s 53-51 overtime upset of No. 8 Edmond Memorial, delivering in crucial moments and helping an improving team close out a needed game.

“Our team is getting better,” Franks said. “I can’t say that we would pull out a game like that a few years ago. I feel good. My team feels good.”

Norman (13-5) had to hold off late charges from Edmond Memorial (12-6) with the playoff seeding being determined next week.

Edmond Memorial took the lead on a layup from Erin Erdoes with 52 seconds remaining in regulation. Norman’s Brennan Hockett tied it with free throws with 27.9 seconds remaining.

Franks helped seal the game in the extra period with seven points, including the decisive free throws with 47.1 seconds remaining. This all came after she scored 14 of her 25 points in the second quarter. She also finished with 10 rebounds.

Hockett drew heavy praise from Norman coach Michael Neal after scoring 12 points.

Edmond Memorial was led by Katelyn Levings’ 15 points and Erdoes’ 12.

Below are the box scores:

Attachments

• Classen.jpg
    Classen.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Edmond Memorial.jpg
    Edmond Memorial.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Mustang.jpg
    Mustang.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Westmoore.jpg