Oklahoma High School Recruits

Soonercuda

Reaction score
The post by mikeareese on 2026 recruit Mya Alston motivated me to pull together the Oklahoma High School recruits that I have seen OU offer. There are some really good guards and forwards presently playing in High School over the next 3 recruiting classes in Oklahoma...for centers the only potential high D1 player I know of is 2023 Landry Allen that is already an OU commit.

As best as I have been able to gather we have made offers to or have had in for an unofficial visit the following OK high school players. Also note that Sherri might have made an offer and Jennie confirmed it and the player did not tweet about the confirmation...so some of the players I only show as an unofficial visitor could also have an offer. If anyone knows of other OK preps offers please make a reply and also add comments about any player you know about.

2023 Class:
Landry Allen 6'3" Post Tuttle - OU commit She starred in the 4A state tournament last year leading Tuttle to the state title. Hopefully it works out for Tuttle and Classen SAS (Baylor recruit and McDonalds AA Littlepage-Buggs team) to play in the finals this year. After summer of 22 ASGR rates Landry as the #76 player in the 23 class.

Laci Steele 5'10" Wing Edmond North - Best player on the best team in the state. Averaging over 20 points on Edmond North that has so far dominated class 6A. Jennie made her an offer within a couple of weeks of getting hired. Based on her twitter she is being very deliberate in her recruiting and has gone to visit OU, Baylor, LSU, USC, Northwestern and others. Has visited OU and LSU at least twice each including a visit to recent visit to LSU for a game vs Kentucky.

Jaida O'Conner 6'1" Wing Classen SAS - another player on the very talented Classen SAS team (2022 PG Jordan Harrison going to Stephen F Austin). A tall wing player...only other offer I have been able to find is from SMU.

2024 Class:
Taliyah Parker 6'1" SF Putnam City West - very talented player that is nationally ranked in the top 10 by most of the recruiting services. I watched her play in December vs Norman and she is very skilled and athletic with 3 point shooting range. Strong and could play a stretch 4 as well as small forward. She just needs time to polish her ball handling, passing, etc. She has been offered by several perennial top 25 type schools...Tennessee, Arizona, Baylor, Ohio State as well as a bunch of other Power 5 schools. Potential McDonalds All American. She would be our most important recruit for 2024. Ranked #22 by ESPN after the summer of 22. She has moved to South Grand Prairie high school for the 22/23 school year.

Caya Smith 6'2" PF Putnam City West - another very athletic player that is a teammate of Taliyah Parker. She is similar to Parker but just not quite as skilled at this point in her development. She has been on an unofficial visit to OU at the Western Carolina football game but I can't tell for sure if we have offered her. She has offers from several Power 5 schools...Kentucky, Texas Tech, Miami, Mississippi St, OSU, Rutgers and from several mid majors.
Ranked #39 by ESPN after the summer of 22.

Zya Vann 5'9" PG Southmoore - Skylar's sister who is having a breakout year at Southmoore after being a backup on Kelbie's Norman High state championship team as a freshman. She received a couple of mid major offers as a freshman and made an unofficial visit to OU for the Western Carolina game. With the year she is having at Southmoore I would expect her to get several offers as recruiting season gets going in April. For 22/23 playing at Bethany with Keziah Lofton.

2025 Class...this class is loaded with highly thought of guards:
Keziah Lofton 6'0" Wing Bethany - OU offer and has been on multiple unofficial visits to OU. Having a strong year at Class 4A Bethany as a freshman. Many 2025 rankings have her in the top 10 nationally. Other offers for her as a freshman include Arkansas, Arizona, North Carolina, Louisville, Texas Tech, OSU, TCU. Ranked #10 by ESPN after the summer of 22.

Keeley Parks 5'10" CG Norman - OU offer by Sherri and offered by Jennie in August 22. Unfortunately has not played at Norman this year coming off spring knee surgery. Has made an unofficial visit to OU at the Western Carolina game. Sister to Mikayla Parks (also off knee surgery) a Norman HS senior and KSU signee. Keeley has an offers from Arkansas, Ohio St, Kansas, Florida, OSU, Kansas St, TCU and several mid majors. Also had unofficial visits to Auburn, Texas Tech, Baylor over the summer. Ranked #6 by ESPN after the summer of 22.

Janiyah Williams 5'8" PG Stillwater - OU offer in July...made an unofficial visit to OU in August. She is having a big year at Stillwater HS as a freshman. Ranked in the 2025 top 25 nationally by ESPN. Also has offers from Ohio St, Arkansas, Penn St, TCU, Texas Tech, West Virginia, OSU, and several mid majors. Ranked #12 by ESPN after the summer of 22. Moved to Edmond Memorial for 22/23.

McKenzie Mathurin 5'10" CG Broken Arrow - Made an unofficial visit to OU over the summer. Has offers from Arkansas, OSU, Illinois, Purdue, Kansas St and several mid majors. Has also made an unofficial visit to LSU this fall.

Talia Vann 6’2” PF Southmoore - Skylar’s other sister that plays at Southmoore. She also came on an unofficial visit to the Western Carolina game. For 22/23 playing at Bethany with Keziah Lofton.

Sania Richardson 5'4" PG Ada - Made an unofficial visit to OU with the other 24/25 girls at the Western Carolina game. Also saw she went on an unofficial to Texas Tech. ESPN has her in their 2025 national top 25. I can't find other offers/visits so I can only assume her height has some coaches wanting to see more of her before recruiting her hard (or she has more offers/visits than I can find on twitter). Ranked #24 by ESPN after the summer of 22.

Last edited:
Thanks for putting that list together....love seeing so many Oklahoma kids getting OU attention.:OU-logo:

Thanks for putting that list together....love seeing so many Oklahoma kids getting OU attention.:OU-logo:

Thanks, SC. Hopefully our strong season (if we can finish it well) will give our recruiting a boost. I sure would like to beat our Mulkey on Laci Steele.

If they can’t shoot 20 of 25 free throws in high school look elsewhere.

If they can’t shoot 20 of 25 free throws in high school look elsewhere.

80% is slightly unrealistic expectations. Among the current Sooners only TRob .941 (80/85), Kaley Perkins 1.000 (3/3) and Gabby Gregory 1.000 (7/7) fulfill the criteria. And I would suggest that it is quite possibly premature to include Perkins although she is a true shooter. Gregory did shoot .847 (111/131) from the line in 2021, TRob .982 (56/57) and Tatum .800 (8/10).

Moreover, only 4 teams in the NCAAs are shooting 80% from the line in 2022 Iowa 84.84%, Iowa State 81.49%, Syracuse 80.42% and Green Bay 80.14%. OU at 75.77% shoots extremely well from the line ranking #37 among 348 schools ranked.

https://soonersports.com/sports/womens-basketball/stats/?path=wbball

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-women/d1/current/team/116

Last edited:
Lately, we've had a bigger problem guarding the free throw line, as Kelvin would say, than shooting free throws.

No information on visitors to the basketball games? Seems like Oklahoma HS players are slow to commit. I was hoping they would have 1 2023 commit.

No information on visitors to the basketball games? Seems like Oklahoma HS players are slow to commit. I was hoping they would have 1 2023 commit.

At games earlier in the year I have seen recruits at games…but not much since the beginning of the year. I guess players have been busy with their high school seasons. We do have Landry Allen from Tuttle committed to the 23 class. I think Laci Steele is the main 23 Oklahoma recruit we are going after…but no word that I can find on how interested she is in OU. I remember Jenny saying in her hiring press conference on how important it was to keep the best Oklahoma players at OU…I am sure that was part of the motivation to hire Michael Neal. The key to that is the 24 and 25 classes…lots of high level recruits in those classes.

I forgot about Allen. She shut recruiting down early. I hope OU gets L Steele. Another good season might convince Parker to stay home. Which would be great.

OU needs Steele, Parker, and Lofton. That would really elevate and improve the chances of continued success.

Interesting about Steele. She has over 1000pts and over 500 rebounds. One more year to play in HS.

I believe the woman in the picture next to Jennie is NHS assistant coach Bethany Franks.

This shows who has offered these Oklahoma girls

Attachments

• okie girls.jpg
    okie girls.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 35
Back