Good Luck from a Mount Fan

mikestuf

Reaction score
Hey i guys i posted this on the scout site and didnt realize this was the most active bball site. Anyway just wanted to say good luck with the season and the game on saturday. Ive been following Mount Saint Mary's ever since I was born. Its a small school but it gives my father and I something to do in the winter. Anyways I hope the Mount can keep it close and competitive on saturday. IMO Anything under 15 points would be a "win" for the Mount.

Thanks for stopping by and good luck to you guys this year!

I encourage you to come back to this site during the time of the game, and even after. You can talk about the game with us in the game thread and discuss anything you want afterwards...

Welcome to the board! Good luck on your season!

hey mike, i lurk around the site quite often but never post...thanks for comin over and good luck to you and your team the rest of the season...is there anything you can tell us about your guys?

If you are willing I would really appreciate a brief run down of your opinion of the personnel and style of Mt. St. Mary. Good luck with the season. I can't wait for the opening tip-off of the season.

Thanks for coming to the board. It looks like you guys have three legitimate guards that will give our crew all they can handle. Jeremy Goode sounds impressive. I look forward to seeing the game. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

The Mount has 2 experienced guards #1 Jeremy Goode and # 0 Jean Cajou. Both guards are pretty quick. Goode is more of a slasher and Cajou is a better shooter. On the inside the Mount has one of the top inside men in the league named Shawn Atupem #10. Im not sure who the mount's other starters are going to be. Kelly Beidler #4 is probably one, he is an athletic forward not a great scorer but can knock down a three ball sometimes. He tends to have some mental mistakes throughout the game.

I think the Mount is going to be a running team this year but they'll probably play a bunch of guys in the beginning to see what kind of bench they have. They will probably play a lot of different defenses and switch them pretty often. They have a pretty good coach who is probably too good to be coaching at the Mount.

The Mount plays in the Northeast Conference which is a league that is getting better each year. There are definetly worse leagues in the country.

Here are a few links if you want to check them out further. Good Luck and if you have any other questions Ill be happy to try and answer them.

http://www.mountathletics.com/fls/10900/2009_10_MBB_Guide.pdf
http://www.mountathletics.com

I noticed that one of Mt. St. Mary's assistants played at Old Dominion when Capel's dad was the coach there. Connection! I think we should play "Six Degrees of Jeff Capel" with every team we play this year.

Mike,
Good to have you visit OUHOOPS.

I have a question. Did the other Atupem kid graduate? If so, was he a brother? A twin? How good was he? Which one is better?

Thanks in advance

Mike,
Good to have you visit OUHOOPS.

I have a question. Did the other Atupem kid graduate? If so, was he a brother? A twin? How good was he? Which one is better?

Thanks in advance

Sam Atupem graduated last year and is Shawns older brother. He was a decent player for the mount. He is bigger and thicker than Shawn is but Shawn is overall a better player.

Glad you stopped by, mike! Welcome!!!

Feel free to come back anytime you have the chance. I think you'll find that OUHoops is THE PLACE to be if you like to discuss basketball.

Mike, thanks for stopping by. Do you guys have a basketball message board?

Mike,
Did you happen to see the game 2 years ago when the Mount played in Norman? Do you think the Mount is better now than they were that year?

Does anybody else remember Blake Griffin's dunk in that game? The one where he took off from the just inside the FT line and just went straight through a guy? I will always remember the name Mount Saint Mary's just because that was the most incredible dunk I've ever seen in person.

Sam Atupem graduated last year and is Shawns older brother. He was a decent player for the mount. He is bigger and thicker than Shawn is but Shawn is overall a better player.

Thanks for the info Mike. I'm excited about this game.

I watched kelly and Pledger play some pick u this summer at a rec center in chesapeake where i work, He's live in Virginia beach and Bird lives in Chesapeake...

The Mount has 2 experienced guards #1 Jeremy Goode and # 0 Jean Cajou. Both guards are pretty quick. Goode is more of a slasher and Cajou is a better shooter. On the inside the Mount has one of the top inside men in the league named Shawn Atupem #10. Im not sure who the mount's other starters are going to be. Kelly Beidler #4 is probably one, he is an athletic forward not a great scorer but can knock down a three ball sometimes. He tends to have some mental mistakes throughout the game.

I think the Mount is going to be a running team this year but they'll probably play a bunch of guys in the beginning to see what kind of bench they have. They will probably play a lot of different defenses and switch them pretty often. They have a pretty good coach who is probably too good to be coaching at the Mount.

The Mount plays in the Northeast Conference which is a league that is getting better each year. There are definetly worse leagues in the country.

Here are a few links if you want to check them out further. Good Luck and if you have any other questions Ill be happy to try and answer them.

http://www.mountathletics.com/fls/10900/2009_10_MBB_Guide.pdf
http://www.mountathletics.com

I watched Kelly B and Pledger play some pick up this summer at a rec in South Norfolk where I work...

Mike,
Did you happen to see the game 2 years ago when the Mount played in Norman? Do you think the Mount is better now than they were that year?

Does anybody else remember Blake Griffin's dunk in that game? The one where he took off from the just inside the FT line and just went straight through a guy? I will always remember the name Mount Saint Mary's just because that was the most incredible dunk I've ever seen in person.

No only a few games are televised a year so i did not see the game. Its hard to say if this team is better or not. Id say maybe better.

Back