Good read on Terrence Jones

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=4525076

Recruiting wars

John Calipari, Bill Self, Lorenzo Romar, Ben Howland and Jeff Capel have each been known to saunter into Jefferson's gymnasium to catch an eyeful and, maybe, the eye of Jones.

Jones isn't on top of the game when it comes to recruiting. He doesn't necessarily return phone calls promptly or seemingly express interest in any particular school. He hasn't scheduled any official visits, but wants to sign his binding national letter of intent in November.

Strickland said North Carolina and Florida are out of the picture: "They chose to go in another direction; they didn't know his interest."

What is known is that Jones has seven schools in the mix: Oregon, Arizona, Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Washington and UCLA. Maryland remains on the periphery.

"My goal is to get it done early," Jones said. "I'm working on it."

Jones is clearly one of the top players in the Class of 2010 and is a shoo-in for the McDonald's and Jordan Brand All-America Games.

Jones' Scouts Inc. evaluation says it all: "He is skilled playing with his face to the basket and can put the ball on the floor and create his own shot and has a good feel passing the ball out of the post. He is a great offensive rebounder who is quick off the floor and pursues the ball relentlessly. Jones is a smart player … on the defensive end, Jones gives good effort, and he can guard all five spots."

I actually like having the first visit. Terrence seems like the type that might pop after seeing something that he really likes. I really like the fact that he and his mom both speak with Coach Capel the most. He would be such a big get for this program imo.

From watching the YouTube videos on this kid, he looks like a 3 to me. He can really dribble, shoot well from the perimeter, face up and penetrate, etc.

His emphasis on family leads me to believe that he wii stay close to home.

His emphasis on family leads me to believe that he wii stay close to home.

Or that the primary issue in his recruitiment is that wherever he is at, it feels like family. I'm with you though, many ways to read it. Keep in mind, with many of these kids, particularly the more highly rated ones, the family moves to be closer. Not saying that would happen in this instance, but proximity is less and less a big deal these days it seems.

Back