Graduation rate, limited scholarships?

htownSOONER

Reaction score
Players Capel has brought in

24 recruited, 13 left. When will our grad rate result in limited scholarships?

Keith Clark - left
Bobby Maze - left
Tony Crocker
Cade Davis
Blake Griffin -left
Omar Leary
Tony Neysmith - left
Orlando Allen - left
Kyle Cannon - left
Juan Patillo - left
Ray Willis - left
Willie Warren - left
Andrew Fitzgerald
Keith Gallon -cancer, left
Tommy Mason Griffin -cancer, left
Kyle Hardrick
Steven Pledger
Abdul Ahmed - left
TJ Taylor - left
Cam Clark
Tyler Neal
Calvin Newell
Nick Thompson
CJ Washington

Last edited:
Blake Griffin and Willie Warren didn't graduate as far I can remember. Orlando Allen left too.

Oh ya, that effects the grad rate also. Pretty stupid rule, but a rule nonetheless. Kentucky should be affected by that pretty soon.

Chirs Early is also not on that list. The onlly guys on that list that have stayed four any length of time under Capel are Leary and two Oklahoma kids Davis and Crocker. (Crocker grew up in Oklahoma even though he did not finish high school in Oklahoma).

as long as everyone, or almost everyone, left in good academic standing, i wouldn't expect any penalties.

the apr standards sound tough when you first hear them, but when you look at the details, it's really pretty toothless.

Chirs Early is also not on that list. The onlly guys on that list that have stayed four any length of time under Capel are Leary and two Oklahoma kids Davis and Crocker. (Crocker grew up in Oklahoma even though he did not finish high school in Oklahoma).

Early was never even made it to registration. He was out before school started. If they never made it to class...then it doesn't count.

07 - 4 grad.
08 - 2 grad.
09 - 3 grad. 1 draft
10 - 4 grad. 3 draft

Our graduation rate is fine. Find something else to complain about.

Last edited:
Early was never even made it to registration. He was out before school started. If they never made it to class...then it doesn't count.

07 - 4 grad.
08 - 2 grad.
09 - 3 grad. 1 draft
10 - 4 grad. 3 draft

I don't know if the graduation rate is fine or not. However, I am positve the attrition is killing OU. The Sooners have one senior on the roster in Capel's 5th season. He only returned 4 players (not counting walkons). That is the most direct cause of the problems this season.

Capel may have made the right decision with every player that has left but it is still a problem to lose this many players. This has been a problem at OU for a decade or more. Perhaps it is a problem everywhere but it is certainly a problem at OU.

07 - 4 grad.
08 - 2 grad.
09 - 3 grad. 1 draft
10 - 4 grad. 3 draft

Am I misunderstanding something?

2007 - I dont see 4 that graduated?
Cade Davis
Blake Griffin -left
Omar Leary
Tony Neysmith - left

2008 - I dont see any, let alone 2 that graduated?
Orlando Allen - left
Kyle Cannon - left
Juan Patillo - left
Ray Willis - left
Willie Warren - left

2009 - I see 3 that could graduate out of 5
Andrew Fitzgerald
Kyle Hardrick
Steven Pledger

2010 - I am not sure how you can project that 4 are graduated and 3 were drafted
Abdul Ahmed - left
TJ Taylor - left
Cam Clark
Tyler Neal
Calvin Newell
Nick Thompson
CJ Washington

I'm pretty sure it's graduated anywhere that counts for OU. So if Orlando Allen graduates he counts. Same with the other transfers. Blake Griffin, Willie Warren, TMG, Gallon, Keith Clark don't count.

Am I misunderstanding something?

2007 - I dont see 4 that graduated?
Cade Davis
Blake Griffin -left
Omar Leary
Tony Neysmith - left

2008 - I dont see any, let alone 2 that graduated?
Orlando Allen - left
Kyle Cannon - left
Juan Patillo - left
Ray Willis - left
Willie Warren - left

2009 - I see 3 that could graduate out of 5
Andrew Fitzgerald
Kyle Hardrick
Steven Pledger

2010 - I am not sure how you can project that 4 are graduated and 3 were drafted
Abdul Ahmed - left
TJ Taylor - left
Cam Clark
Tyler Neal
Calvin Newell
Nick Thompson
CJ Washington

07 - Carter, Neal, Sampson, Walker
08 - Goldbold, Longar
09 - Griffin, Johnson, Leary
10 - Allen, Crocker, Gerber, Wright

I think the rate ... excludes transfers from the program, they count for the school in which they transfered to , it counts junior college transfers into the program. it does not count people who sign professional contracts provided they are in good standing when they leave the program. this is a more fair program then the previous program which
counted only entering freshmen and divided the number of graduates at the same school by the entering freshmen did not count junior college players or transferred.

I hope you are right. That is a much more logical system than the old rule where a transfer counted against the school no matter what they did.

as long as everyone, or almost everyone, left in good academic standing, i wouldn't expect any penalties.

the apr standards sound tough when you first hear them, but when you look at the details, it's really pretty toothless.

What sys said. Only players that left/transferred in bad academic standing would affect our graduation rate. I would guess that Keith Clark, Juan Patillo and TMG are guys that potentially left in bad standing, but I haven't seen their transcripts.

What sys said. Only players that left/transferred in bad academic standing would affect our graduation rate. I would guess that Keith Clark, Juan Patillo and TMG are guys that potentially left in bad standing, but I haven't seen their transcripts.

considering TMG didnt even come back after SB yaa not good.. does he get any kind of punishment for that? just curious

considering TMG didnt even come back after SB yaa not good.. does he get any kind of punishment for that? just curious

Well not technically, but he is in the D league so to him that is prolly a punishment. But we are the ones that will get scholarships taken away if our grad rate is too low. The NCAA won't even go after him

Well not technically, but he is in the D league so to him that is prolly a punishment. But we are the ones that will get scholarships taken away if our grad rate is too low. The NCAA won't even go after him

The NCAA can't go after a player after he leaves college. That is why players will continue to cheat. The only way to go after a lot of players is if the NBA agrees to honor NCAA suspensions. The NBAPA would never, ever let that happen.

The NCAA can't go after a player after he leaves college. That is why players will continue to cheat. The only way to go after a lot of players is if the NBA agrees to honor NCAA suspensions. The NBAPA would never, ever let that happen.

I know, I was being a Smart *** since TMG thought he was NBA material

Back